My Tank

electricyellowz

Hi everyone,

I have never put photos up of my favourite tank as I have never got it to look good enough but I finally feel that I want to share it with you guys and girls. :thumb

A little bit about the tank!

The tank is a 6x2x2 which is being run by two canister filters, two large sponge filters and one smaller sponge filter which is attached to a 3200lph power head which clogs up really quickly! :lol2:

I am only using one 250watt jager heater.

Almost all the rocks are slate which I have collected and I am using a very fine coral sand for substrate.

Fish are as follows:

Four 6 bar frontosas

Lots of electric yellows

A colony of electric blues

5 Different pleco species

Various types of bn

A couple of geos

Yellow fin mloto

I think that is everything!

Pics are taken with a crappy point and shoot but I will try and get some better ones with a better point and shoot!

Flash off:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Flash on:

IPB Image

IPB Image

If you have any questions just ask! :)

Thanks for looking :thumbup::thumb

Ben

what are those log like rocks

The cylinder shaped ones?

If so they are cores from when I had some holes cut into rocks.

also the middle display are those rocks safe

I checked and checked and the middle rocks shouldn't come down as the do not wobble at all.

love the fontoses nice size

Yes so do I. I just got them about 12 hours ago! Thanks Ross!

what are those log like rocks

The cylinder shaped ones?

If so they are cores from when I had some holes cut into rocks.

T

also the middle display are those rocks safe

I checked and checked and the middle rocks shouldn't come down as the do not wobble at all.

love the fontoses nice size

Yes so do I. I just got them about 12 hours ago! Thanks Ross!

thanks for that couldnt figure out what the cylinder logs where

Nice going they seem happy

thanks kelvin :thumbup:

The pH is just a fraction over neutral and that is how it has been for a long time. The fronts are new and seem very happy but the geos have been in there for months and they are thriving and are the red hump is the most dominant fish in the tank (until the fronts settle in a bit more that is). If any of the fish seem less than happy I will definantly remove them!

Ben

G'day,

I don't want to sound like Mr Negative and I don't want to rain on your parade, BUT.....

If Geos are happiest with a pH of 6.5, Malawis at around 7.8 and Tangs at up to 9, and pH is a logrithmic scale with 8 being 10 times more alkaline than 7 etc, then how far away from their optimum conditions are your Fronties?

They may look happy (are they smiling or is it just wind?) but if they aren't at their peak, because of unsuitable water conditions, and they become stressed for whatever reason, then you could have some serious problems very quickly.

Anyway, good luck to you and your fish whatever you decide to do.

Thanks Lee dont worry all feedback is more than welcome!

I hopefully will be moving the geos and attempting to up the pH as well as moving the geos when their new tank is sorted.

Thanks for the info,

Ben

hey nice tank!

how do you find the canister filters cope with the filtration? when i get a 6 footer i was also planning running 2 canisters on there. what do you fill them with? i was thinking of filling one completely with mechanical media and the other with all bio? do u clean them often etc etc?

Archived