Boring tank set up

Bedge

Hi Folks,

I find Mr Hunkys tank a bit boring. What can I do to spice it up for him? I know cichlids love to hide in rocks / caves but I don't know what to build it out of? What else can I do with this tank?

I have seen some FANTASTIC tanks in the past, I would love to get Hunkys house up there! haha. My boyfriend and his bestfriend purchased a pebbels, which I was a bit sad with. I dont feel that his colours (white, pink, black etc) suit this tank scape. Do you guys agree?

IPB Image

Thanks. :thumbup:

It's a AR-850. We only got the whole new thing for him 6 months ago! And of course, with in month of being in it - he grew again! He used to be able to stick half his body in that terricotta pot thing, now his fat head just fits in it! hahaha. I am saving up for a new tank ..

p.s. on the subject of tanks, doesn't anyone know of a good place to get one in Sydney?? so many places try to rip me off!

Why don't you apply for access to the classifieds, there's always someone selling tanks, and usually with accessories etc.

p.s. on the subject of tanks, doesn't anyone know of a good place to get one in Sydney?? so many places try to rip me off!

St George aquariums make some great quality tanks.

Also, Xtreme Aquariums in Taren Point make some top stuff.

You may also want to check out the ACE classifieds.

See HERE for info on how to get access. Hint: Follow the directions veeery carefully. The classifieds will have heaps of members stuff for sale.

Lastly, check out the site sponsors (banners along the top). They mostly sell foods and equiptment, but from memory one or two sell tanks.

Ohhh Huzzy, ta!

I read the classifieds stuff, am kinda scared?? Am sure I will do something wrong and get yelled at! haha :lol3:

Its happened before. When submitting your application think of the mods like Santa claus....but replace the milk and carrots with Beer, everything will be fine :thumb

IMO i would take OUT evrything you have in that tank and no bubble wall... just have a decent ball air stone in the corner covered with gravel so you cant see it.

have less gravel.. you dont need it that thick.. just have enough to cover the floor and in case Hunky moves some around too.

get one decent sized centre peice of rock or drift wood for him to swim around.. (which you can also put the heater behind it to hide it from view)

get one of those NICE stick on the back of tank backgrounds. maybe all rock, or full planted or full tree root.. depends on your taste..

your fish will then stand out more and also have more swiming space and water in the tank.

HTH

I agree with all the before mentioned comments

i would certainly get a larger tank it looks like he needs it

I would compare it to a human living in a bathroom for life

but on the brighter side of things he is a healthy looking fish

and if he is happy then thats all that matters.

cheers

hahah .. dont worry guys, he will be getting a new tank! i just looked at the photo again, and it does look on the small size there. think i narrowed the image a bit when i edited it.

i want to get him a 5 foot tank though. i dont know if he will ever stop growing!!!

Archived