Boring tank set up

Bedge

Awesome tank setup but i reckon it'd suit more for smaller fish such as apistos, killis and such.

I say leave it for now as he seems happy and just concerntrte on getting the larger tank, then your aquascaping plans can begin

cheers,

Richard.

ANTZ - great ideas! Thank you! Yeah .. my boyfriend wanted the blue back ground only ... gerrr. Im changing it all!

no worries. i love designing tanks and stuff. the changes will help for his short term living in that tank... while you look for a bigger home for your fish.

if your buying 2nd tank setups - ace classifields is a good place to look for tanks, also ebay atm has alot of bigger tanks .. worth a look. :thumb

then you can have two tanks.. with different style fish maybe? and so the start of tank collecting begins.. hehehe :lol1:

Until you can get the bigger tank give Hunky as much swim room as possible by removing as much decor as you can but leave a suitable hiding spot in case he gets a fright as a human walks past.

The rocks piles look nice but are not exactly cave-like for hiding. I would take them out as they take up space he needs. Put in a pot that is big enough for him to fit in.

You can add the rocks with new rocks to form caves in your new tank.

Barer tank might not look as nice for humans but living space will be appreciated by the wishie.

Antz - cracking up! Hooo hummmmm ... how many tanks can one possibly have? hahaa. I think I will have to sell this tank once we get the bigger one to help pay for it. There is one one ebay which I have been eye balling, think the auction ends today though.

G'day Bedge,

Mr Hunky is a top lookin' fish mate and his personality sounds just unreal.

I read that you are thinking about a 5 footer for him. I'd recommend getting a nice wide 5 footer, 2 foot wide would be great. A standard 5 footer would be still on the small side in my opinion.

Like you said, you want to get a tank that he can live in for the rest of his days.

Good luck with the new tank and Mr Hunky, I'm sure he'll love it :).

Thanks as well for the cute stories about him, I enjoyed them mate :).

Jamie.

Archived