Fish room pics

Josh

I decided to move a few fish around in the fish room today and thought I would take some photos of them while I was out there.

Wild caught Benga Male. I am babysitting two of these fish and they are definably the best looking peacocks I have ever seen. These boys are probably only 8cm long. I have spawned them once since they have been here but the girl only held for three days.

IPB Image

Finally managed to get my Polit male to come out of his pot by introducing him to some young males

IPB Image

I recently decided to get back into breeding demasoni after not keeping them for a few years.

A young male

IPB Image

One of my wifes male maingano showing off to the camera

IPB Image

This is about a third of my multifasciatus breeding tank. The tank is a four footer and the floor is covered in shells and fish

IPB Image

For weeks now my pair of Mbita comps have been in this shell, but they haven't bought any fry out to show me yet. They have spawned once but I got no fry to survive that time.

IPB Image

Finally my son bought these little guys home as tad poles as part as a school project. The School has a pond, which is looked after by one teacher. Each year he catches out tadpoles and sends them home with students to grow up and keep a diary on them. We started with 20 tadpole and to date have raised 7 frogs which been returned. Only 13 more to go

IPB Image

Can anyone tell my why they have different stripes on their backs? is it a age thing? I have noticed they seem to fade as the frogs get bigger

Thanks for looking

Top benga Josh. Not to mention the rest of your fish!!

The frog is a striped marsh frog (Limnodynastes peroni for those who care). The striping and other marking can be pretty variable in frogs and not an indication of gender. Just like finger prints

Bruce

Thanks bruce

I have been told they are a marsh frog, but I have no idea when it comes to frogs

Josh

Archived