Lake Wivenhoe

Cuong

I went up to my local fishing spot the other day to see what's left of the lake and to take some pictures of the original river bed so that when/if it fills back up we can target the big bass in there a little better.

What used to be big shallow (20') flats that once had pelagic bass hunting the bony bream schools has been reduced to the sand bars and islands that you can see now.

What's even more astonishing is that when Wivenhoe was full a decade ago, where I was standing to take the pictures would have been the shoreline. For anyone that knows the area I'm on the eastern side at Hays Landing/Billies Bay.

IPB Image

:blink

Its such a shame to see our lakes slowly dissappear before out eyes. I left Gladstone (in queensland, where i'm originally from) in '98 and when I returned in '02, the difference in the level of Lake Awoonga was just depressing.

Mitch

beautiful landscape

shame about global warming

thanks for sharing

Matt

Thanks for the comments everyone. I can say that the lake looks alot better, not just asthetically, when it's full.

Oh and the original is 22000 pixels, comprised of about 14 shots, you might start having some trouble fitting that on a single wide screen :p

Archived