Yellows, yellows and more yellows

anchar

How about a close up of your orange electric yellow? :8

that is a little harsh given that yellows are hard to photograph with flashes. But I am only an amateur what would I know ? Perhaps you should show us your photography skills with your yellows (before any photoshopping). ;):8

cheers

rosco

No photoshopping involved...it is an orange fish. He is the son of a male orange and a female yellow that carried the orange (she was a daughter of the orange male). He is the product of some linebreeding that I have been working on for about 5 years. I have tried getting a good pic of him, but have so far failed.

The tank is a 5 x 2 x 2 and the rock is limestone. I have also got a few hollow logs in there.

Andrea :)

How about a close up of your orange electric yellow? :8

that is a little harsh given that yellows are hard to photograph with flashes. But I am only an amateur what would I know ? Perhaps you should show us your photography skills with your yellows (before any photoshopping). ;):8

cheers

rosco

:lol2: mate nothing was intended by my comment!

If you refer to anchar's article on EY's, you will see that she states she has a orange EY. I just wanted an updated picture .... ;)

Sam.

mate nothing was intended by my comment!

If you refer to anchar's article on EY's, you will see that she states she has a orange EY. I just wanted an updated picture ....

Sam.

sorry about that I read too much into it and i didn't realsise that he was supposed to be orange, too much Melborne cup cheer I suppose (damn beer goes well with cichken) :roll:lol3:

cheers

Rosco

Just a bit of background...

I have been line-breeding for colour and thickness of the black dorsal. Firstly, details of the colour. Here is a pic. of the original male orange fish...

IPB Image

He bred with a "normal" yellow fish and I had a small batch of 11 fry. Obviously, all presented as "normal" yellow fish. I grew these fry up. During this time the original male orange fish died :cryblow: I let the 11 fry live together and got a spawn from them. I had only one orange fry from that spawning. He is the one in the tank now. Best pics. I could get. Unfortunately, he only has a thin black dorsal. Part two of my breeding program involves increasing the amount of black in the dorsal.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is the product of 3 generations of breeding for a thick black dorsal...

IPB Image

As luck would have it, both the orange fish and the yellow fish are male, so I have to wait longer to get an orange fish with a thick black dorsal. That is my aim. Hope that makes it clearer.

I believe it to be true. The original male was identical to the "normal" form in all ways, except colour. He had the black bar through the eye and the iris didn't have any hint of red (like pulus). There are documented sightings of orange, yellow, white and blue forms in the lake, so I have no reason to believe he is not authentic. Everyone who saw the original boy agreed that he looked "real"....including some very high profile and respected breeders in the hobby. It's a shame I lost him and it's annoying that the process has been so slow, but I will plod on.

Archived