F1 Petrochromis trewavasae

waruna

Hi all, after the long wait, I finally receive my Petros!!! I bought 10, F1 trewavasae. I thought I'll add a few pics and show them off to you. Two have white stringy poo and I have decided to treat them with Clout. I'll keep you up to date. I should have quarantined them before I added them to my Ilangi colony, very big mistake!

These are the instructions I am following to medicate with Clout.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=24132

I hope this is the right section (of the forum) to do this.

The box.

IPB Image

The bags.

IPB Image

One at a time.

IPB Image

My Ilangi male checking them out.

IPB Image

Checking me out.

IPB Image

Other group shots.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks

Waruna :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWESOME FISH MATE!!!!

Nearly as good as Tropheus?!!! :p

Seriously, their markings are amazing...imagine how they will look when they have coloured up!

I think u made the right decision to treat with clout exactly according to the instructions in Cichlid forum...

The pics show they look pretty healthy so i think u should be ok.

Remember i bags first fry!!

Also post more pics!

Dave

Ps...u might need to start a post your Petrochromis pics in the photography section!!!

awesome seen those on the list very nice mate.have to keep us updated on how they go are they get along allright with the ilangi?hope they get better for you good luck with it

Thanks mate; they are pretty much ignoring each other. Not paying much attention at all, there's one big Petro, much bigger than the rest and he (I assume) is swimming around with the Ilangi, looks happy.

Very nice. Seen them in adult form and they are huge.

What tank are you keeping them in?

Thanks mate, they are in a 6ft*20inch*20inch tank.

AWESOME FISH MATE!!!!

Nearly as good as Tropheus?!!!

Seriously, their markings are amazing...imagine how they will look when they have coloured up!

I think u made the right decision to treat with clout exactly according to the instructions in Cichlid forum...

The pics show they look pretty healthy so i think u should be ok.

Remember i bags first fry!!

Also post more pics!

Dave

Ps...u might need to start a post your Petrochromis pics in the photography section!!!

Hi Mate, they kind of look like the Murago, may be what happened, happened for a reason? I just finished doing the water change and treating them. The two with white poo was going through the gravel kind of looking for food. But i didn't want to take any chances. I learned a very good lesson to quarantine when ever I get new fish. I really don't think the Ilangi deserves this stress (medication). They look great mate, I have been looking at lots of pics (on the net) so I know what shape and size to keep them. Yep, first fry to you!

I'll post some pics soon.

Thanks,

They look great Waruna...hope it's a false alarm (poop) I'll be round soon to check 'em out

Andrea

Thanks Andrea; they are looking much better this morning, doing a great job at cleaning the glass. Unfortunately for them, there's two BN in there and not much to eat. Their mouths are like suction caps!

You know where I live mate, any time. Could be a false alarm, but didn't want to take any chances.

have you tried to feed them yet?are they eating?

Hi Lee, no I haven't, I can't feed them while I treat them with Clout. So tempting though.

Thanks Jamie. :)

Very nice fish, I wonder if they are available in Sydney..

Hi Richard, I've been told that AI has them on their price list. I think Bayfish do as well. Ask your LFS if they are.

great looking fish mate been told they are more aggressive than the tropheus is that true. Love those tangs.

Hi Malrift, i have read contradicting reports when it comes to these buggers. I did a Google search and came across some interesting articles about them.

This one has some awesome pics.

http://www.petrochromis.com/

http://www.duboisi.com/articles/petrochromis.html

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/petr...omis_sp_red.php

I just finished doing the second treatment, they all look good. Seem to be hungry and looking for food. I'll keep you guys up to date!

HTH

Waruna

Thanks Waruna. I will inquire at my LFS when i get the chance. Was wondering where you got yours from and the price.

cheers; Richard

Hi Richard,

I have PM you the details. :)

Hi Lee, no I haven't, I can't feed them while I treat them with Clout. So tempting though.

Waruna

Yes you can Waruna and its the best way to treat them soak there food in the medication but Metronidazole is a lot better than clout for doing it.

Waruna

Yes you can Waruna and its the best way to treat them soak there food in the medication but Metronidazole is a lot better than clout for doing it.

Hi Nigel, I can't feed them while I treat them with Clout; I've put a link to the article on my first post.

One of the big problems/signs of bloat is loss of appetite or simply fish not eating. I do not know how you can get a fish to eat medicated food then? BTW do you soak flakes? I have treated with Clout twice now following these instructions, first when I got my Moliro and a few days ago with my Petros, and Clout got rid of the problem easily. My Petros are doing great BTW.

Waruna

Hi Nigel, I can't feed them while I treat them with Clout; I've put a link to the article on my first post.

One of the big problems/signs of bloat is loss of appetite or simply fish not eating. I do not know how you can get a fish to eat medicated food then? BTW do you soak flakes? I have treated with Clout twice now following these instructions, first when I got my Moliro and a few days ago with my Petros, and Clout got rid of the problem easily. My Petros are doing great BTW.

I am only trying to help also I have treated a lot of Tropheus and Petrochromis with bloat so I think I know what I am talking about.

Its the ones that will eat that it helps in stopping them from getting it as well. I do use flake anyway if they are OK now then there is no point in treating them I guess.

Thanks Nigel, this method has worked for me well, both times. They are all doing great; I'll post some pics within the next couple of days.

awesome pics mate!!!

your first shots with your 30D are simply amazing....imagine what they will look like after a bit more practice :thumbup: !

love the 4th shot with the mouth wide open!!!! Looks like a bit of fin damage in the last shot.

keep posting more pics!

Thanks Dave, I will be up for a while from the look of it!! So will my fish. I'll take some more soon.

Hi Jamie, thanks mate, they are doing great. Doing a massive water change and I'll give them a feed tomorrow. I'll let you know how they go.

Archived