Miracle fronties

anchar

Hi guys,

We had the power off here the other day for more than 8 hrs dry.gif Apart from the usual distress caused from this, I also had frontie eggs in a tumbler. I took them out and put them in an ice cream container and sat them on top of a tank. Every so often I swished them, but was more concerned with the heaps of fish in heaps of tanks.

Anyhoo, when the power came back on at 10.00pm, I rushed around sorting the tanks. I completely forgot about the frontie egss (which were only eggs...no eyeballs or tails). The next morning whilst on feeding rounds, I found them. The water was icey (actually less than 10C) and there hadn't been any water movement in it for at least 14 hours. The colour was still ok, so I chucked them back into the tumbler, without expecting much. I am happy to say that 4 days have since passed and I have eyes and tails, without a single loss. I am amazed....just goes to show that fish are not always as delicate as we may think. Of course they might not develop properly, but at this stage all seems well smile.gif

Andrea smile.gif

It's great to hear that they may have come through it well Andrea. Hopefully they develop properly. You'll have to keep us up to date ;)

I spent yesterday in rain (probably at about 10 degrees) for a good few hours and lord knows I would've rather died than been out there!! :lol3:

From the title I thought someone might have witnessed their frontosa actually moving or swimming around the tank. I should've known it was too good to be true :p

Great egg story though Andrea, a true miracle of nature :)

Great story Andrea! Good luck with them :thumb

Yes most fish are far stronger than we are led to believe. Great stuff.

Actually most of us are not as good fish keepers as we think we are is more like it :lol3::lol3::lol3:

I don't even want to think about how many "tough" fish suffered through my fish keeping ability! :no::roll

"From the title I thought someone might have witnessed their frontosa actually moving or swimming around the tank. I should've known it was too good to be true - Baz

Good call Baz! :clap

Ahhhh, it's funny coz it's true :lol5:

Cheers

Mick (just waiting for the fire to start now! hahaha)

Archived