can anyone identify

fordfish

The yellow fish I dont know.

The purple fish might be Ps persipax 'orange cap'.

Josh

*edit*

The yellow in the belly makes me think that it isnt.

Guest j.c fishfan

i am thinking it is a lombardoi??

please correct me if im wrong cause i now you will.

jamie smile.gif

It looks like a labdiochromis sp. 'mbamba' fry

Where did u get it from? how much did u pay etc? I could be wrong so thos questions might help to see if im right or wrong.

he was in an assorted cichlids tank at dee why just across from the oval they said it was a trade and they had no idea what it was, so i got it very cheap.

its about 9cm or so long and is very agressive thats why im trying to find out what it is and set up a seperate suitable tank for him away from my other mbuna.

If you are keeping it separate, there's no real requirement to positively identify it (other than for your own information). I'm glad to see you aren't planning on breeding it.

At first glance I would have said female hongi at the top and an estherae at the bottom, but it's very light in colour compared to most estherae I've seen. There have been a few hybrids around over the years named "sunshine zebras" and similar that come in from asia, so it's a bit tough to tell from just the one picture.

i think the yellow one is a male lombardoi mine has the same blueing in the fins, they are pretty aggressive also, does it ever get light brown vertical stripes?

havent seen any real stripes appearing on him/her yet all i know is that it rules the tank the only fish it doesnt seem to attack is my chewere and my smallest coral blue

Its DEFINANTELY not a lombardi....Its head is a different shape and lombardi's have different eyes...

I agree with the others and think that its a estherae...

Neither fish should be breed as positive identification is impossible! And its best not to get any " Assorted " cichlids again....

JMHO raisehand.gif

Archived