question for demasoni breeders

yellow

ive had a 3 cm demasoni holding out the back in a drum for the last few weeks and finally decided to milk her for the sole purpose of getting her back to eating as i believe shes a bit to young to be breeding yet id rather wait until she got bigger.i expected her to have one baby at most but was surprised to pull five out of her.shes about the size that youd sell them at i couldnt believe it.

heres my question.what size mouthfuls are you getting from yours and at what size are they at that point.just curious to see if adults have large mouthfuls.

thankyou jason

When I used to breed them I would get mouthfuls between 15 and 25.

Josh

My eldest breeding female is now nearly four years old and for the past year has been consistently sharing 20-25 fry with me smile.gif

The others 10-15.

Cheers

Aline

My eldest breeding female is now nearly four years old and for the past year has been consistently sharing 20-25 fry with me 

how big is she aline

Total length of close to 6cm smile.gif

Cheers

A couple of my old females regularly produced mouthfuls of 30+ once they got some size to them.

Mind you my girls were big, to the point where most people with experience with the species looked in my tank and would swear blind they were all male.

Aline, you must be underestimating the size of your fish? I had fry of hers bigger than that 2 years ago tongue.gif

Archived