Maylandia sp. "Msobo"

hilly

I keep them and love them!

They don't seem to get as agro as some other types I have struggled with, and the colours are gorgeous!

I agree that they are stunning fish and relatively peaceful - but they are not the easiest fish to breed, nor do they have big broods, so they are unlikely to ever be available in big numbers.

BaZ, I'd be interested on some info on yours; how many? sex ratio? tank size? tank mates? breeding? numbers? what are their favourite colours (sorry a bit of Monty Python's Holy Grail slipping in there blink.gif )

Thanks,

Lee.

I agree that they are stunning fish and relatively peaceful - but they are not the easiest fish to breed, nor do they have big broods, so they are unlikely to ever be available in big numbers.

BaZ, I'd be interested on some info on yours; how many? sex ratio? tank size? tank mates? breeding? numbers? what are their favourite colours (sorry a bit of Monty Python's Holy Grail slipping in there  blink.gif )

Thanks,

Lee.

Lee I am a bit of a newbie on the msobo scene so I wont be of much help I suspect.

I bought a bunch of fry a while back and have been growing them out to the point where they are nearly full size now. I have 3-4 males in with 8-9 females and have only had 2 mouthfulls so far.

I also picked up some adults at the last meeting, 4m 4f which are actually the parents of my current stock. I'll probably end up integrating the 2 lots of fish, and wouldn't mind sourcing some unrelated males to strengthen the bloodline.

Yours might be a different line to mine, talk to me via pm if you are interested, we might be able to swap some males dntknw.gif

Archived