Favourite Fish

huzzy

Just wondering what everyones fav fish (cichlid or other) is at the moment?

At the moment i have an obsession with a group of Haplochromis Brownae i have had since fry. The power struggles and group dynamics is facinating.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of my most favourite fish would have to be the convict...

But my favourite that I keep atm would have to be my leptos. wub.gif

Maybe because they just bred? lol. Nah they are extremely energetic and their colours are starting to come out - real nice. smile.gif

Definately Ps. demasoni. IMO the best looking of the Mbuna and one of the best looking out of all the africans. I think their aggresive behaviour appeals the most, there's always something interesting happening in a tank full of these guys.

Just wondering what everyones fav fish (cichlid or other) is at the moment?

At the moment i have an obsession with a group of Haplochromis Brownae i have had since fry. The power struggles and group dynamics is facinating.

Barramundi, coz they're delicious. We have fish often so that may change soon. My family loves fish for dinner smile.gif

Regards

William

I'm having alot of fun with my oscars at the moment. They're just so owner responsive and greedy buggers. When I feed treats like whole thawed out whitebait or meal worms one will launch almost whole body right out of the water to take it out of my hand drenching myself in water.

Oh, that kind of fish. Sorry.

Mine would be manganos, mainly because of their vivid blue colour. They're not overly aggressive either.

Regards

William

ill have to say L numbered catfish.i love the colour and patterns on all of them.i started off with a trio of L168s and im now in the process of building a rack that holds 4 3x18x18 tanks to try my hand on breeding a different variety of them.

cheers

I love my synspilums wub.gif

Awesome colouration & owner interaction/personality similar to an oscar or RD

RDs are my 2nd fav, their tankmate killing habits are wearing thin though. dry.gif

Convicts are an honourable mention, so much attitude in such a tiny body! woot.gif

as you can see by my user name my favourite is definitely duboisi's.the only problem is i cant get any more here in sth aust and the person i was going to get them off in sydney seems to have vanished

join the ACE Tropheus nut club & you'll have 4 varieties in no time! woot.gif

ps: not saying it's a bad thing guys so don't bite!

Apistogramma cacatuoides has always done it for me. I also have a thing for mouth brooding fish, whatever genus they are.

Dave i am with you mate, but foi are nice as are the sandsifters and, well most tangs.....I guess if you see what fish i have the most pics of it will give you a fair idea...

Duboisi i am sure you can get some shipped to you by someone in sydney, failing that i have about 10-20 here ~2-3cm not real sure on numbers as too many fish in the tank.

In order my favourites are:

1. loaches (all types except koolis)

2. south american cichlids (I specially like geophagus)

3. all others smile.gif

Archived