Off topic - shower time

ndoboi

Yeah Aussie - Maurie bought up the same incident over at A2F. lol. Pretty funny now, looking back.... Straight across the windscreen of the car. Lucky little bugger.

He's 15 now! Either Im a bit more wary, or he's a bit smarter, but we havent had a similar incident in about 10years. Hoping to get through the next 10 as well... He still loves to go everywhere too.

Cheers

Steve

What is the bird's species name?

I had one a few years ago. It was the smartest bird, it copied noises which it heard like a drill or dog barking at the same time. It was hilarious! woot.gif

Though it was not the most friendly birds if it was in a bad mood ... wink2.gif

Cheers

Rob

hi rob the bird is an Alexandrian parakeet.

very nice series of pics steve,only if my cockatoo(sulfur crested) will let me give him a shower,or learn to take one on his own.

Thanks guys! smile.gif

Hilal, he didnt used to like the shower and would only bath under a hose nozzle outside on the lawn.

It's a shame you had to loose yours Waterboy sad.gif They really are a long term companion. Im hoping Charlie is still with me when I retire!

Yellow, he absolutely LOVES his shower. I can usually tell if he wants one or not (I dont force him) just by telling him it's shower time and seeing his reaction. Yep, they're that smart.

Then I'll put him in the shower and turn the water on - the door remains open so it's his choice. He'll then either walk out, if he doesnt really want it, or run around like an idiot flapping his wings and getting wet. Once he's wet all over he'll just sit under the stream and soak it up.

I just leave him to it - he comes out when he's had enough, usually up to 1/2 hour or so, and shakes like a dog.

Thanks for asking thumb.gif

Steve

He should live to mid-thirties, all going well.

He's quite happy to be around other people but i think (hope) he relates better with me. I can certainly read his moods better than anyone! Saves some people from being nipped. Im not saying he's a bitter, 'caus he's not, it's just sometimes if he gets a fright, or is settled and gets poked, can react in a way that people may consider aggressive.

Generally, provided he's not tired, he's a very friendly fellow willing to spend time on/with anyone.

Cheers

Steve

hi Steve from what i read they live to about 50years of age, i think in most cases its the male parrot that makes a better pet, maybe thats why my female was so nippy lol, she was quite moody and everything was always on her terms lol

cheers

Archived