Interest in the DATZ Apisto Book

Browserau

I'm planning on ordering a copy of the South American Dwarf Cichlids. New A-Numbers, Habitat, Care and Reproduction book.

user posted image

http://www.stevensimpsonbooks.com/?page=sh...55572c445eb4804

I'm just wondering if anyone else here wants one? If there is sufficient interest, I'll order 10 copies and sell them at $AU 49 each (includes shipping).

Please reply or PM me if you're interested.

Just FYI, if you order more than one copy of a title, customs will charge you the GST where if you order 10 books of different titles, they will usually let it all through.

This is because when bringing in more than one, it is assumed you are reselling for a profit, even when you are not.

I got hit with customs duties and GST on about 15 books last year because I had multiple copies of Ad Konings books for other fish people.

Thankyou...are we sure that it is inEnglish too? I can't actually tell if there is a german version and an English edition. Maybe the 130 pages is 65 in German and the other 65 is the English version confused.gif

Andrea smile.gif

Just FYI, if you order more than one copy of a title, customs will charge you the GST where if you order 10 books of different titles, they will usually let it all through.

This is because when bringing in more than one, it is assumed you are reselling for a profit, even when you are not.

I got hit with customs duties and GST on about 15 books last year because I had multiple copies of Ad Konings books for other fish people.

Hi,

In my expereince customs will charge customs duty and GST on anything over $250, regardless of whether it's multiple copies of the same book or many different books. ie. They check all incoming mail with a purchase price of =>$250.

p.

Thankyou...are we sure that it is inEnglish too? I can't actually tell if there is a german version and an English edition. Maybe the 130 pages is 65 in German and the other 65 is the English version  confused.gif

Andrea smile.gif

The book has German and English text.

Here's some readable pages from the book:

http://www.datz.de/Vorlagen/Webapp/Cache/C...4-013_30079.PDF

Hi,

In my expereince customs will charge customs duty and GST on anything over $250, regardless of whether it's multiple copies of the same book or many different books. ie. They check all incoming mail with a purchase price of =>$250.

p.

Yes they will certainly check those orders, as for charging the duties though, I have brought in orders over that value many times and only been changed once. Apparently it is up to the officers discretion? But one of the key indicators would be that your buying more than a normal person would want for personal use (ie. more than one of the same title) I guess the total number of books would play a part too.

Either way, it is now my opinion that when ordering from OS, always assume you will be charged the duties and keep it in your budget. That way you don't get a rude shock.

Archived