Eretmodus cyanostictus pics!

MoliroMan

Here is a pic of my Eretmodus cyanostictus zambi female holding!!!! I couldn't resist and stripped it and found 15 eggs only 10 are fertilized. They have eyes and tails so hopefully i can keep them from gathering fungus in a DIY egg tumbler!

The eggs are so much smaller than tropheus eggs! I am sure the trophs would eat the fry unless the mother looks after them very well.

user posted image

Enjoy!

Dave

Very nice looking girl dave

I dont know how I have missed this thread for so long

Heres some pics of some of the wild caught Gobies I used to keep

user posted image

user posted image

Josh

Jamie

They died. I dont really know why, but I am guessing that I didnt have the oxygen levels high enough in the tank they were in. They all died in one night.

• 4 weeks later...

hey moliroman how are the gobies going??

i have been reading some of the posts here & as some of you may know i bred these very successfully a wile ago.

they were never very aggressive except with excess males.

i started with 5 & kept them together untill they paired then sold off the spare male.

they all bred very well & held fullterm everytime.

good luck all & if anyone has any fry for sale of a variant other than zambia as i had them before. i would be interested.

thanks all

Hi Bucky,

those 4 erets u sold me are fully grown now. Only 2 of the 4 pair off. I somehow lost a male and have no idea where it is.

I have had my first mouthful and successful spawn recently of 8 fry. I stripped them a bit early so there were still a lot of egg sac. They are much smaller than tropheus fry so it was more difficult to place them in a fry saver. Also i am sure they would be munched up by my tropheus if i kept them in the tank.

By the way, what do u feed them when they are still small?

R they the Zambia variant? Were yours wildcaught? Where did u get them from?

What has happened to them?

Nigel is trying to get some wildcaughts direct from Africa, don't know which variant but i think it is the Zambia.

Dave

Only 2 of the 4 pair off. I somehow lost a male and have no idea where it is.

hi Dave

do you have spare girls? I have spare males

I stripped them a bit early so there were still a lot of egg sac.

i read that these fish shouldn't be stipped, as the f/male transfer the fry to male mid term, and he holds them untill release

By the way, what do u feed them when they are still small?

i only ever feed them spirulina or other vege base flakes

cheers[ Colin

i think i have a female in one of my tanks....it is the smaller one of the two isn't it?

i did strip my female too early and there was 10 eggs with heads and tails. I managed to keep 8 out of the 10 alive. They are all fully formed and just scavanging food from the floor of the tank. I find the NLS water stable wafers are pretty good. They don't tend to swim to the surface so won't eat crushed flake on the surface of the water. My Tropheus fry pretty much eats all the flake or NLS grow pellets before it drops to the floor. They also eat algae from the plants and rocks.

i think i might not strip them next time if that is the case. I don't think anything will survive in my ilangi tank since they are so ferocious eaters. But since the eret fry are so small, the ilangi might not notice them?

i think i have a female in one of my tanks....it is the smaller one of the two isn't it?

hi Dave

yes, the smaller one is the f/male

you done well to raise 8 of them from just heads and tails.

they'll do ok scavenging around on the tank floor.

if you have rocks in the illangi tank, the eret fry are champs at hiding out

cheers; Colin

Hey Nigel, any news on those Zambias mate?

Jamie.

I hope to have some news on them soon. I am just sorting out airfreight charges and trying to get enough other species to make it worth while.

Archived