Planaria Problem

novafishy

I have a planaria problem in my tankbuster tank. Its a 6x2x2 with 5 silvers, 1 red tail giant gourami and some smallish plecos.

How can I get rid of the free floating planaria? i've done waterchange after waterchange, cleaned the filters and no reduction in numbers.

Anything I'm doing wrong? What else can I do?

Try to siphon out all the gravel into buckets, and clean it thoughly with your fishtank water. Do that a few times along with your waterchange after waterchange.

Reduce feeding by half for a week.

HTH smile.gif

Maybe someone can correct me, but I believe its a myth, and hasnt been proven. I've noticed almost all silvers nowadays all get dropeye once they reach a certain size, regardless of barebottom or gravelled tanks.

I believe its all due to genetics and hereditary genes.

no leave it in there... they eat the scraps which is good for your tank.

salt is a very good thing to use in general, good to maintain it at 1% normally.

just keep up with the water changes and reduce feeding. they don't do no harm its just an eye sore. Add more salt about a quarter of a cup if the planaria does not seem to go away..

otherwise get some small fish like tiger barbs to eat them

Planaria are harmless worms that are naturally occuring. They seem to come from nowhere. They usually come in huge numbers when you feed alot.

They are perfect food for fry, if only i can harvest them for my fry....

Archived