Another one for BaZ

anchar

I have three pairs of S. tinanti - all currently have fry. This tank is divided into 3 and there is a pair in each. The middle section has the largest fry atm. so I tried to capture them in these pictures (rather unsuccessfully)...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Andrea smile.gif

Gidday easty...the males are approx. 8cm and females approx. 5cm the first time they spawned. The male in the furtherest tank on the right is the son of the one in the middle tank. I think they are a nice little fish and the colours are quite variable and mood dependent....tan, browns through to different greys. Now that the three pairs have their own cubicle, the fry reach a decent size. When they were all in together, the fry only lasted a few days. I am currently testing the theory that they can be step breeders...I'll let you know what I find out.

Andrea smile.gif

Hi Wes...they are individually filtered (air driven) using three corner triangle sponge filters. The heater is in the middle compartment and it provides enough heat for all three sections.

Are tinanti aggressive?...yes...just ask BaZ!

Andrea smile.gif

Yeh, just as I thought. I, too have only 1 heater in the middle compartment, which seems to do well, although there is a noticeable difference in the temps on either side.

I see that you have some clam shells, do the tinanti spawn in these?

Wes...those large shells that I sent you are what they usually use. I put the clam in there as cover for the bubs, but the female chose it as a spawning site for her last batch bigsmile.gif

Andrea smile.gif

Archived