firemouths or blue acaras?

phear

Completely two different cups of tea.

Are you after the personality of the fish and keeping it as a pet, or just to breed and would like the pair with better $$ return?

I like both!! So I cant really comment tongue.gif

Firemouths take longer to get breeding and the fry are worth something.

Acaras are worth nothing and as easy to breed as bacteria, just give them somewhere to live and food.

Got a big enough tank? Get a pair of each.

Im sure Firemouths are the less aggressive of the two (i've never kept either so people can feel free to dispute this) and I know that they are often kept in a tank along with community fish because of this.

The fry of Firemouths are definitely worth more than Acaras.

I'm a little biased as I love the look of Firemouths. bigsmile.gif

I would have to say blue acaras, but then again, my judgement is a bit biased. I have never had firemouths so I can't compare. But one thing I do know is that Acaras have great personality.

Plus you decision depends on how skilled and dedicated you are with keeping fish. Acaras are very forgiving, plus if something goes wrong, you havent lost a great deal of money.

Cheers

Rob

i say firemouths but not for 70.00 thats too much.thier everywhere(aquariums)around town for between five and ten bucks.both are worthless as far as financial returns go and both are hardy fish so neither should be a problem as far as husbandrys concerned.if youd like a pair of something you cant go past the acaras for 20.00 and the majority look half decent whereas firemouth quality varies greatly

Archived