Labidochromis Perlmutt

Camo

Hey

I was just wondering what happened to the price of perlmutts. When someone first had them and it was not that long ago they said that they would be 3-4cm and $30. Now about 6 months or so later people like mawfish are selling them for $7 each at 4cm. Massive drop. What happened. Pitty the demasoni polits and flavus cant follow the downslide of perlmutts price. He he he.

Just thought i would share my thoughts.

Cheers

Cameron

I guess its supply and demand.

I have polits and flavus and I am glad the prices have held on. They are alot cheaper then they were a few years ago.

hi

yep they dropped fast but unfortunately I only dropped mine to stay inline with what other ppl were selling them at cryblow.gif

sucky part is they were selling better at the higher prices than the cheaper one. dntknw.gif

mark

The perlmutts can be sold cheaper as people don't have to try and re-coup all the losses from the polits, demasoni and flavus that got beaten to death by each other LOL.gif

Seriously though, when you say "people like" mark, who else are you talking about?

I can only recall Mark and myself selling them here. You base your pricing on what one person sells them for??? blink.gif

If MArk needs to sell them to make room for something, I don't think it means they've dropped dramatically in price. It might just mean he needs the space badly so is willing to sacrifice profit and allow others to pick up a bargain. I'm still getting $15 each from shops, so they are still making a profit on that.....

The 1st people to get them paid $65-80ea for the imports.

The fry off those Andy can help you with as he bought some from south i think!

Perlmutts are the bees knees i feel and a bargain to be had, so take them while you can as not many breeders around!

A true mbuna gem! thumbup.gif

It seems I might have misled a few by my comment:

You base your pricing on what one person sells them for???

I was talking to Camo, not Mark laugh.gif

Sorry blush.gif

And what we are saying is that it hasn't "gone away".

It's the same with any new fish. They are overpriced when they first get here, and those who have waited many years to keep a paticular fish might shell out more money for the joy keeping that long awaited fish. Once the fish start breeding the prices will come down to whatever the market demands. I'd been waiting many years to keep afra cobwe and paid around $70 per 3cm fish when they came in. I didn't think it was overpriced as it had been on my wish list for ages. Fish are worth what somebody thinks they are worth, not what someone else sells them for.

Obviously the market isn't sure yet because the prices of perlmutts just in this thread range from $7 to $45.

If you can pick up 3cm fish for less than $15, you are doing better than what most shops are getting them for.

Archived