Quick question

Teamsherman

In the past I had a large female synspilum without a mate that would dutifully lay eggs every month on her favourite rock. she fanned them, looked after them then ate them after a week or two when it seemed like she got the sh!its cos they (obvisouly) didn't hatch. she did this for the 2 and a bit years I had her smile.gif

Well, thanks for the replys. It looks like i did buy two females then. Doesnt matter, i got to the aquarium before it closed and got the lucky ladies a male friend. Atleast i know that the females are ready for breeding, lets just hope the male is.

Also, what size should these fish be before they are capable of mating? Males that is.

Cheers, Alan.

I had a pair of female keyholes which "played house" for years. They would pair up, lay eggs, fan and guard them. When I added a male to the tank, they killed him ohmy.giflaugh.gif

merjo

I had a pair of female keyholes which "played house" for years. They would pair up, lay eggs, fan and guard them. When I added a male to the tank, they killed him ohmy.giflaugh.gif

merjo

Oooohhhhh......Lezbian fish !?!? blink.gif

Archived