March auction

couchy

thumbup.gif Hay the big auctions coming in a few weeks and i was curious on what we'd see. I have heard from people who have fry out of the new importable fish (frontosa varients etc.) wonder if we'll see any and what they'll go for??? clap.gif

I'm not selling my self but am hoping to get some mature red fin kandango females and E.Yellow females to add to colonies but will definitely have the eye (and my wallet) out for something rarer. Would like some more B/N breeders at the right price too.

What are you selling or hoping to buy????

Cheers couchy

wink2.gif

Not sure yet.

Possibly something along the lines of perlmutts, saratoga jardini, cobwe colony, maingano, albino bristlies, petro chitimba, big pheno boy, msobo.

Okay i might have got this topic going a bit early but anyway maybe now i'll get a few more replies (this isn't a bump- admins blush.gif ) I'd also like to get some malawi dolphin females and am keen to see whats hot in the hobby. Also look forward to the show put on by the committee, very impressive day. See you all there.

If you want to sell something rare but aren't sure people will pay, let em know its coming here thumbup.gif

Cheers Couchy thumbup.gif

I don't want to jinx myself but providing I make it, I will bring my some Lelelupi, yellows, maybe some maingano, the last of my Saulosi, BN's, maybe a spare C afra cobwe male and maybe a spare A baenschi benga male I have 3 to 2 or a 4 to 1 ratio ATM. So will be looking for some benga peacocks hint hint

I still haven't worked out details so will add to this as I do...

I will be bringing

brevis,

electric yellows,

maingano,

maybe some black occies,

maybe some adult peppermints (and no don't anyone bother PM'ing me.. if I sell some they'll be in the auction.. and I won't decide until i do a last minute head and bristle count),

aulonacara sp. lwanda

(a picture of their dad) user posted image

some spare Taiwan reef males

some spare Variabilis chromis females

Cyrotocara moorii

the obligatory bristlenose fry and adults

maybe an adult trio of Cyathopharynx foai burundi (as long as the mouthful in there at the moment survives)

some male electric blues

I have been trumped again by Laurie. This I why I need more tanks and a bigger fish room people. Keeping up with the "Laurie's" woot.gifwoot.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

have a great day

rosco

PS I have 3 strong latte's and the biggest donut I could find at the donut King for breakie and I am wired baby woot.gif

I still haven't worked out details so will add to this as I do...

I will be bringing

brevis,

electric yellows,

maingano,

maybe some black occies,

maybe some adult peppermints (and no don't anyone bother PM'ing me.. if I sell some they'll be in the auction.. and I won't decide until i do a last minute head and bristle count),

aulonacara sp. lwanda

(a picture of their dad) user posted image

some spare Taiwan reef males

some spare Variabilis chromis females

Cyrotocara moorii

the obligatory bristlenose fry and adults

maybe an adult trio of Cyathopharynx foai burundi (as long as the mouthful in there at the moment survives)

some male electric blues

What do you think the Variabilichromis morri will go for as I need some more { hint rolleyes.gif Hint} to boost the size of my colony, Tks John. And how about the bloke who had some Heterdonta last time doing the right thing woot.gifhug.gif

Are fish only Auctioned off or is there a chance you can buy as well....

I'm hoping to make it this year, it will be my first time there..

I have been telling myself to go for the past 6 years, but i have heard a lot of bad feedback from people who have attended the auctions in the past...

Fish are auctioned. All the lots are booked in before the auction starts, and then they are brought out randomly and auctioned off until there's nothing left.

Is a great way to pick up fish at a good price while supporting your club smile.gif

As for the bad feedback, some people are never happy. You'd be best to come and judge for yourself I think.

Bad feedback and you have never gone, Gone,,,, In thinking about it for 6666666666666years says it all cryblow.gif , Sorry mate you are on the wrong track, Great nite put on by hard working Committee thumbup.gif even got ladies up front but they tell us something else!!!!!, Anyboby who has not attended is missing one of those great nites, Come early leeeeeave late, what more can you ask for ,,,,,, Well bring $$$$$$$$$$$$$ {not Wife unless she loves fish, sorry ladies } and bid,,,,, Have some fun in our lives. shock.gif John

Bad feedback??? I started going 2.5 years ago and have only missed one since my first and i wasn't happy about that family dramas that weekend anyway second what john said great fun night put on by legend volunteers from the club.

thumb.gifthumb.gif (2 thumbs up) for the committee

Great night and great quality fish at better than reasonable prices, I can't wait. I've been shifting things around all week and clearing tanks and making room even though misses said i can't get anymore fish wink2.gif

Also hoping for some cheap B/N (o/s or peppermints) and some dimidichromis strigatus to add to my colony.

Cheers, C ya there Couchy thumbup.gif

I think the auctions are great. My biggest complaint is there arent normally many fish that im keen on (thats what you get for weird tastes!) so instead of useful things i come home with things i dont want just cos i wanna bid!!

But its heaps of fun and definately worth a try before you write it off.

Adam

Well whoever gives bad feedback is mad. I make the trip up from Ballarat in Victoria for these auctions because they kick ars on any other auction that I have been too. I made the trip to the last one and I said I would make the trip for everyone after that, I was very impressed. The club do an absolutely fantastic job and it's a great day out. It is also a good opportunity to meet the people that you talk to on these forums all the time. See you there.

Best Regards

Monique Lunn clap.gif

Well I'm planning on going, first I've heard of it but how could I resist??? lol...

Any chance there might be some lovely little shelldwellers up for auction....I've just finished getting a tank setup ready for some... bigsmile.gif

Archived