Some Off Topic Pics

Lepperfish

I like the last one.

15 second shutter speed  smile.gif . What time of night was it, and how dark was it at the time?

If you found out the shutter speed then you should know what time the shot was taken.

Took it at 12.21am, pitch black with some help from a full moon.. smile.gif

The 1st 4 pics were taken on the 24-70L lens. The last one was taken on the 17-85 IS USM lens.

I opted not to get the kit the lens and bought the body seperate and purchased the lenses seperatley. Kit lens suck, but its not to say you can't produce good pics from them.

The Plane shot was on my old sony camera dscf-707 and the skateboarding shot was taken on my 1mp sony video camera.

Im keen to take the 24-70L out for some long exposures but i gotta get a tripod that can hold the sucker. My current tripod could probably hold it but I dont wanna risk a 2k lens hitting the dirt. The the 24-70L weighs almost 1kg. Hope you got strong wrists if your gunna be hand holding alot of shots with it.

I've got quite the latter, small wrists sad.gif But I'm in the process of ordering a 20D, and have opted for a Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, along with a EF 50 f/1.8 for my most immediate needs. The 24-70L will be a loooooooong way yet so I have time to work on those wrists laugh.gif

Yeah the 24-70L is as much as a 20D body but you get what your pay for and if you look after the lens it will hold its value really well and probably last you a life time.

Archived