zebra plecos

paulibius

I think even if someone has these and has bred them, your going to have a hard time finding someone willing to say "yes i have them" and have bred them. For such a exspensive fish i wouldnt want heaps of people knowing. I havnt heard of anyone who is/has kept them.

Ben

Very rarely available and the once I've seen have been between $1000 and $1200 ea... Best I can reccomend is either contact various rare plec suppliers on the forums - and scout the aus fish forums (take a look on google) regularly.... They only show up very rarely and when they do they dont last long wink2.gif

Maybe you could settle for one of the other stripey more commonly available species of plec, such as the new to the import list "L168 Butterfly Pleco".

Cheers

You have just missed out on some L046 4cm $650 each sold just prior to new years day, there are some of their cousins left, the L201 Inspectors, 4cm $450 each they are a dark brown to almost black with good size spots that are a cream to white colour.

cut and past this address into google and you will see they are breedable.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=11414

This topic should really be in the classifieds.

If you are interested in buying something please post a WTB or an EOI, use this forum if you want to know about a species.

I won't move it, because you've asked about breeding as well, but please be aware of this in future.

Also there had been a lot of talk about zebras in the past, why don't you use the search facility and I'm sure you'll find out much more - the people that do know stuff tend not to like repeating themselves too often!

Hello,

here in germany it is also hard to find some. Prices are about 75-100Euro.

A User in our Forum actually has bead them. He came just up with some pictures.

A Picture of the L46 and his childsPicture

Just klick on the picture to enlage it.

Hope the link is ok otherwise I take it out.

Sorry couldn't access the pic.

There has been a few reports of breeding from around the world. At 100 Euros, I wouldn't mind getting some.

i agree with boots and old.

forum exists for these types of discussions.

i know this topics have been discussed before but like boots new people will have new information to add.

Ps Nice picture, it tells us you can breed zebras in those pots smile.gif

Thanks for the pic Steatocranus sp red eyes. Now I want some even more!!!!!

Hoges, "Fresh" info is what makes this and other forums work and you never know when "fresh" info will turn up, look at the reply from Steatocranus sp red eyes, who knows where it may lead "A User in our Forum actually has bead them"

You've completely missed my point Boots.

I wasn't discouraging fresh information, that's what this place is always about, I was just suggesting that a search could find information that has already been discussed and won't necessarily be repeated - a lot of users tend to forget about search and the FAQ section.

Also there is no harm in searching for a previous topic and adding to it if you want to know more and see if anyone knows anything new, that means that important information is kept together.

As for my other suggestion, this isn't the classifieds and part of the original request was about purchasing a species.

I'm always happy for fresh information, but this topic has been discussed before and I would much prefer that the information is kept together, its much easier then for other users to find it and means that we (mods and admins) don't spend our time combining threads.

Archived