"Dither fish " for Fronnies

Mpimbwe Pete

I have recently received a colony of Moba who are very shy. They have only arrived recently , they were with my brother for a few years,but are unbelievably timid.There are plenty of caves and tunnels etc for them and they always make themselves scarce everytime I walk past them ,even feeding times. The Mpimbwe in comparison just about jump out of the tank when I come close and let me pat them like puppies. clap.gifclap.gif

What would you recommend I get to give the Moba a bit of confidence ,like Leptosoma do for other smaller species. (I know not to put the Leptosoma in with Fronnies). I have a few calvus and big Gibboceps but they are also covert operators. confused.gif

Blue dolphins are great fish to keep with fronnies. I know they are from different lake, but the do make good tank mates

I have recently received a colony of Moba who are very shy. They have only arrived recently , they were with my brother for a few years,but are unbelievably timid.There are plenty of caves and tunnels etc for them and they always make themselves scarce everytime I walk past them ,even feeding times. The Mpimbwe in comparison just about jump out of the tank when I come close and let me pat them like puppies. clap.gif  clap.gif

What would you recommend I get to give the Moba a bit of confidence ,like Leptosoma do for other smaller species. (I know not to put the Leptosoma in with Fronnies). I have a few calvus and big Gibboceps but they are also covert operators.  confused.gif

mate the calvus sound good i dont know anything about confused.gif the gibboceps so i cant help you with those .but you sound like you would have a better idea than me maybe some big plecos if you like them. any fry from the mpimbwes mate also so youll have to put some pics up of your fronts.id love to get some of mine own mpimbwes but im happy with my burundis for now.

cheers Lee

I agree with Josh...I keep blue dolphins with mine. There are also three peacocks in with them and they are always out in the open. I have phenos in with another group, and they do equally as well.

Andrea smile.gif

PS> I would almost guarantee the disappearance of leptos if you went down that track. If it fits in the mouth, that's probably where it will end up.

Hey Mpimbwe Pete! You're lucky to have both Mpimbwe & Moba colonies! Your brother must be a top bloke to let you have his Moba's. clap.gif Tricoti's sound like the go to me. LOL.gif I'll see if I can chase some up for you. Give your brother my regards.....

I did a quick check on the benthochromis tricoti. Wow are they available in Australia !!!! smile.gif

checked out the tricoti there a nice fish wink2.gif bay fish have them last time i checked you would have to empty your wallet if you got them from there though i think.

any fry mate confused.gif

Archived