My 6x2x2 Filteration

D6C1

Three years since I have run with this setup.

I have added another via aqua 750 and remove the internals and added a 2500lph internal with sponge only.

Water quality is still awesome! :)

Might remove all externals and replace with Fluval FX5 soon. Still thinking about it. IF i was to run FX5, I'd run that with another external. Either full of Bio media or sponge. Still thinking....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How time moves along! It's been about 3 years for me now too...

I ended up with a 350L tank and it's got a 2217, 2213 and CF1200 hanging from it with a UV steriliser in for good measure. I'm not 100% happy with the particle removal, but I think that's mostly to do with the return water pickups, but as far as the biological filtration goes it's been top notch. All filters require minimal maintenance and haven't shown any signs of reduced flow even after a period of much neglect.

I've thought about replacing the current filters with one big unit, but then I'd lose redundancy and also probably ruin the harmony trying to fix something that's working perfectly well as it is.

on my 7' pleco setup i have sump, 2 canisters (fluval 404 and eheim pro 2 2026), and above tank filter for mechanical filter. im also not happy with particles removal and it annoys me very much. any suggestion how can i achieve crystal clear setup??

Archived