Peppermint BN mixed with BN

Kazaf

G'day

They should be fine, but as Wazza says, please ensure there are plenty of caves/hiding places for them.

Oh and when your Bristlies breed be VERY careful to only remove the bristlies blink.gif

I may not be correct but ill add that there is a very very very very small chance that they would cross-breed. Im sure it is possible but very rare. Please correct me if i am wrong?.

wazza

I have kept both species together in a std 4' tank for a 2 yr period and had no X breeding occur

All fish are adult size, the normal B/N were more aggressive than the peppermints to a point where they may have caused them not to breed, as they were numerous batches of normal fry produced only

It got to a point where the males fought for spawning sites, you can guess which is the only species in the tank now

As far as growing both species together, there will be no problems IMO

cool.gif L2H

I had 4 peppermints in with some larger BN and did have one problem. One of the peppers was injured and I can only presume that it was after a fight with one of the larger male BN. I don't know for sure but I did move them afterwards. Unfortunately the pepper died from its injury sad.gif

Archived