Live foods how to ....

gelf

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OK dudes, I think it's time to take this up a level. :blob2:

I'm going to start a new tread for each article as they are prepared.

Moderators: What would you sugest the best forum would be for these articles?

rolleyes.gif:

Cheers

Tony

Gelf -

I'm happy for you to share information (just like many others in the hobby do). But we dont allow external links to ACE without permission. See the Terms of Use.

I can not believe I started this thread early Sept 05, and put on the first external link 19-September 05. It's only now you pull me up?

Honestly was not aware I could not put on external links.

Sorry everyone out there looking forward to my articles. Guess you'll just have to google search for me and find my site.

smile.gifsmile.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about vinegar eels as well. Very useful for fry with tiny mouths eg: dwarfs, and you can just stick the bottle of vinegar in a dark cupboard for months and ignore it. I just never worked out how to harvest them properly (easily)

Cheers

Steph

Step,

The easiest way to harvest vinegar eels is with a 100 micron mesh (net). At 100 microns you can just pour the eels through and the smaller ones will slip through allowing them to grow (so return the `waste water` back to the culture. You can get 100 micron mesh at any good pool filtration/scientific supplies place. Sew the mesh onto a small fish net frame or I place a sheet of netting between 75mm PVC conduit fittings to ake a simple sieve.

You might try a very fine stocking but thats not as good since thats about 300 micron.

email me if you need further help - aquaholic99@hotmail.com

Archived