Off Topic VIII

Matty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burgoid

Those are great photos. I think I know what you mean about the right side of the brain bit. I've been looking at this site, and find the information useful. This may help exercise those neurons!:

http://ronbigelow.com/articles/adv_comp/adv_comp.htm

Keep up the standard, and looking forward to more of your work.

Cheers, Frank

cool shots budi how'd you get the effect that makes the foregorund look like u zoomed out during the exposure. the second looks funny the buddhas look as though they have been cloned in haha.

frank thanks heaps for the link seem to be some good stuff on there. gonna have to sit down and read each part a couple times i think. so its earnt itself a place in my bookmarks;). cheers mate.

cool shots budi how'd you get the effect that makes the foregorund look like u zoomed out during the exposure. the second looks funny the buddhas look as though they have been cloned in haha.

the 1st pic was desaturated and blurred (radial) in PS.

here are some pics of Trionyx sp. softshell turtle. i really like tortoises and turtles smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

something different smile.gif

user posted image

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some pics I took on New Year's Day. Despite using a tripod, the camera shake is evident (squiggly fireworks trails - 1 to 1.5 second exposures) - why don't they put cable releases on many digital "prosumer" cameras?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Cheers, Frank

Because the majority of prosumer digital users wont use a cable release.

What you can do is use the timer function on the camera, Although lousy when shooting fireworks if you have to wait 2 or 10 sec for the timer to count down..

Here are some pics I took on New Year's Day. Despite using a tripod, the camera shake is evident (squiggly fireworks trails - 1 to 1.5 second exposures) - why don't they put cable releases on many digital "prosumer" cameras?

Frank, the exact same thing happened to all of my photo's that I took on the night except for the one I posted yesterday. I think the best way around it is to buy a Remote Shutter Switch. Depending on your camera, You can pick one up for about $35 from camera retailers or about $20 including freight from the US. (although I've only had a quick look on eBay). I have a 350D.

$35 is highly over priced IMO, because they are crappy quality and look like they could have been manufactured for 12c in a factory in Asia somewhere. dntknw.gif

Mine came with an infra red remote control. Very handy if you want to avoid camera shake.

A pic i took at the entrance during chrissy break. It wasnt really a sunset, i just adjusted the white balance until i got the sunset colour smile.gif

user posted image

heres a bit of a photo essay I did a while ago, after a fairly serious storm hit our place, trees come down onto houses, deck chairs were thrown threw windows and power lines were ripped to the ground. The trees, that remained, werent in the best of condition's eithere with many 100+ year old trees needing to be taken out.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

This was in the park in my backyard. It was probably the healthiest rabbit I have ever seen. There are a few there. I got a nice shot of a grey one a few years ago but not as good as this one:

user posted image

There are lots of these in the pond too (I counted at least 30 over an hour).

They don't come too close to the shore if people are around so this shot is not very good. I'm going to go up in the morning this week and get a good shot:

user posted image

Archived