Glass thickness for 3x3x2

23Skidoo

23 Skidoo,

When they refer to 2ft and 2.5ft they are referrring to the height of the tank only.

The length and width only has a slight bearing on the required thickness, this is mainly determined by the height. 10mm thickness all round will be fine for your tank. 12mm base is optional as most builders would say that 12mm base is not needed. In your case being a square floor plan 3ft x 3ft), I am not sure how they would do the bracing. Probably one brace each way.

23 Skidoo,

When they refer to 2ft and 2.5ft they are referrring to the height of the tank only.

The length and width only has a slight bearing on the required thickness, this is mainly determined by the height. 10mm thickness all round will be fine for your tank. 12mm base is optional as most builders would say that 12mm base is not needed. In your case being a square floor plan 93ft x 3ft), I am not sure how they would do the bracing. Probably one brace each way.

in you case being a square floor plan 93ft x 3ft.

hot dam--- that sure is one dandy size tank for the palour.!!!!

colfish

Sorry, I misread the post, I thought it was 3x2x2, but it dosent make too much difference, if you have a very good, flat sturdy stand and floor, with a good thick foam base, 10mm should be ok for the base, but for safetys sake, I would go 12mm if it was mine, and 10mm for the sides.

I have a tank that size, it's great!

The walls are 10mm, the base I cannot remember. Either 10 or 12...

I originally had mine made for a marine setup but changed my mind. It's now my display/storage-of-spare-males tank and it looks very nice I think.

A tank that size is very easy to aquascape so that it looks nice and natural.

Obviously with a tank that size it will weigh 700-800kg when full of rock, water, plus the weight of the tank iteself. As searlesy has said, make sure you have a solid stand for it, and if it's going on floorboards choose the location very carefully thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived