silver arowana

transistor

Hi guys have been thinking of getting one of these guys and so have been doing some research on them recently.

just have a couple of questions to run by you guys though.

Can i keep one in a 6*2*2 with five or six 10cm frontosa and grow them together??

Also what type of price will i be looking at to get one bteween 10 20cms?

Thanks guys

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes you can keep a silver in a 6x2x2 with 5-6 10cm fronnies. My friends have done it before, and I believe "fish2die4" has had silvers in with fronnies. Silvers, as you know, hang at the top, and fronnies at the bottom, so IMO, they would be ok.

Price ranges quite a bit. Seeing that its not at tat time of year where lots of juvenile silvers pop up, you'd be look at paying $500-900 for silvers ranging from 13-15cm to about 20cm.

HTHs bigsmile.gif

hay Chris

i just got mind 2 week ago for $800

it abit over 20cm, has grate colours on it too

it has a silver body and has abit off red on the tails and between scales.

now i just have too set up my 6*2.5*2 tank to put it in.

lol

cheers minh

hey,

yes i had the fronnies running with my aros fine..

Just make sure the aro is the same size or bigger so he doesnt get harrased.

A fronnie is probably the only Cichlid you can put with them cause blues yellows or any other get eaten by the aro or they nip the fins..

By the way i am in the process of selling my 2 together (male and female) to a shop for 1800 so if anyone can offer me a better price??

just asking

1x40cm and 1 x 30cm

They will be gone on Tuesday...

Pics on request..

• 2 months later...

$1800, a bit far out. That is a good price if you can get it (to sell).

I find that their will be rushes in the market of silver arowana's at 3-4". Everyone will go gangbusters buying up silvers, not actually realising that a 6x2 isnt sufficient for this extremely large fish. So as the theory goes we are back at this stage in the arowana market where everyone realises that these are incredibley large growing fish and everyone starts to sell em off.

ps- their are actually a few people around breeding them at the moment, most only getting spawns with no success, but it is happening, and has been for quite some time. Even with a few glass tank spawns in here in Perth! raisehand.gif

alex is right, plenty of them seem to be coming from queensland, farm bred, apparently, though the colours on them are not so great as the imported ones. The small ones that have emerged in recnet weeks are just all silver in colour, no pinkish tinges to be seen anywhere on the fish. And price has dropped too also some places her in sydney were selling them under $500

nick!

nick!

$1800, a bit far out. That is a good price if you can get it (to sell).

I find that their will be rushes in the market of silver arowana's at 3-4". Everyone will go gangbusters buying up silvers, not actually realising that a 6x2 isnt sufficient for this extremely large fish. So as the theory goes we are back at this stage in the arowana market where everyone realises that these are incredibley large growing fish and everyone starts to sell em off.

ps- their are actually a few people around breeding them at the moment, most only getting spawns with no success, but it is happening, and has been for quite some time. Even with a few glass tank spawns in here in Perth!  raisehand.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

my name is James, I've been keeping cichlids for about 18 months and have also decided to get a silver arowana for my 4x2x2 tank.

At the moment, I've got a 12cm Green Terror, 2 x 10 cm Jack Dempseys, 1 X C. nicaraguense, and 2 X 5cm Salvinis.

The arowana I am getting is about 20cms.

Would you guys suggest that I take the GT (and/or the JD) out of the tank, or that they should be fine together?

I'll also be putting 5 silver sharks and 3 Geophagus surinamensis in it. Any other colourful cichlids to put in a tank with the silver?

Any comments, suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

James.

Archived