pseudotropheus sp. (Demasoni)

mark_1

What fish are not ok to put with them?

Dunno but if someone wants to put up a list with all the species that cant go with them, then OK!!!!Theres alot that cant..Some because of Cross Breeding( IF your Breeding them of course),Some may be too aggro,etc.

Dunno really..never kept them lol

Hi Mark -

P. demasoni is very aggressive. What to put it with? Something much bigger and up to the nastyness.

In smaller aquariums a species tank is probably the best bet.

Chipimbi or Matthew could help more I imagine.

agressive is an understatement imo psychopathic is nearer, the best way to keep thm is to crowd them, in a 4 footer 3 m and 9-10f will probably work ok but with my limited(and unhappy) expeirience with mbuna anythings possible!

Hey hey,

I love the little demons LOL.gif .

When I first got them a few of years ago I followed the same formula as for Tropheus.

Largish colony, , 4' tank, plenty of cover and vegetarian diet and weekly water changes. This has worked well for us. Having said that I also bred a pair (yes a pair) in a two foot for a year - they now reside with the rest of the colony of 14.

I also have a 4' with demasoni and cobue who keep each other in check dry.gif .

Be prepared for their nature and be careful with their diet if you wish to proceed in their direction.

Have fun.

Aline

I also have a 4' with demasoni and cobue who keep each other in check

Aline,

Yesterday I picked up four from Gav (and I suspect that I will try and source some from someone else ( do you know anyone who has fry wink2.gif ). I happen to also like cobue and I have 4' tank available so how many of each would you recommend?

cheers

Rosco

Hi,

I keep a collony of around 30 -40 fish in a 4ftx2x2 and dont have any real probs at all they live with a group of around 15 Boesmani rainbows I have found the bigger the group the better.

HTH

Christian

Yesterday I picked up four from Gav (and I suspect that I will try and source some from someone else ( do you know anyone who has fry  wink2.gif ). I happen to also like cobue and I have 4' tank available so how many of each would you recommend?

cheers

Rosco

Hi Rosco,

Colonies of 10-12 for both would probably work.

How big are the fry from Gav.....I have some demasoni at around 1-2cm at present...so let me know if you want some more.

I have heaps of cobue 3-4cm and smaller if you wish to integrate them early.

The colours of these two work a treat, and make it a spectacular crankier than normal mbuna tank woot.gif

Cheers

Aline

How big are the fry from Gav.....I have some demasoni at around 1-2cm at present...so let me know if you want some more.

I have heaps of cobue 3-4cm and smaller if you wish to integrate them early.

The fry I have are 2-2.5 cm, so if you could keep me a few of both that will be Aline I will take you up on that offer probably at the August meeting (the tank will be ready by then), unlikely this weekend but you never know. I will PM you closer to the time. thumb.gif.

cheers

Rosco

I think the trick is to keep them in a reasonably sized tank (bigger than 4’), keep them in numbers and to put more hidy holes in there if you see any fin damage. As was mentioned, a bit like Tropheus

I keep mine with flavis, yellows and cobwe. Personally I have found most of their aggression directed at each other and other species have been left pretty much alone.

I've got young too woot.gif

Craig

Archived