Finally ..... fish room pics

Anita_ozfish

Hi all,

I finally found my camera download cable so thought I would post up some pics of my fishroom getting built - progress shots bigsmile.gif

It's still not finished as I am getting more racks made to accommodate more tanks but you will get the general drift. So much room ...... woot.gif

It was impossible to find a builder to do a room for me so I ended up doing most of it myself ... except the slab tongue.gif

The room is 8.6mt x 3.5mt ..... nice size and warm as toast inside with all these storms we have been having.

I posted this on the Perth Cichlid Forums but for those of you that don't go there, I reposted them here. I hope you enjoy smile.gif

digging the trenches for drainage - I had 2 days notice from the concreter to get this done shock.gif

user posted image

The electrician came in next to do all the pre wiring

user posted image

The room ready for the slab to be poured

user posted image

The slab is down and the insulating walls and ceiling are going up

user posted image

Next came the air and painting/sealing the floor

user posted image

Some of the tanks in the room

user posted image

looks really good Anita. How many tanks will you be setting up in there when finished? Will you be keeping any nice large Americans? I remember along time ago when you posted pics of a really nice looking synspilum pair you had. Have you still got those guys. Drooling....

Crikey Anita, it's bigger than Ben Hur! woot.gif

Looks very professional, you WA people don't go in by halves do you!

Great job clap.gif

glenn

Hey anita the room is looking awesome! thumb.gif Just wondering if having your airpumps at floor level effects the volume of air output that you get from them? doesnt the pressure drop off a bit because youve got to pump it back up or is that not relevant with air? how many LPH are the airpumps? Im gonna do something similar when i get a chance, got heaps of 40mm pvc and a big airpump already just havent had the time to do it... Cheers Andy

Thanks very much guys. I am quite chuffed about it all myself bigsmile.gif

Pride - I really wanted to bring the synspilum with me to WA but was worried about their size and transport but didn't want to sell them either as they were so gorgeous. They solved the problem for me when they both jumped out through the lids one night - found them both dead side by side on the floor the next morning sad.gifsad.gif I miss those guys.

Andy - I don't think gravity is that much of an issue once the pipes are pressurised. I have got 50mm pipes running through the room with 3 blowers each doing 60lpm atm. I will connect a fourth one up at a later stage and eventually go for one big blower but had these four hanging around so used them for the time being.

Jason - the 2 that you can see in the pic are hi blows that I have had for years now and the other two are from AOA - can't remember the brand though.

Pride - I really wanted to bring the synspilum with me to WA but was worried about their size and transport but didn't want to sell them either as they were so gorgeous. They solved the problem for me when they both jumped out through the lids one night - found them both dead side by side on the floor the next morning  :(    :(  I miss those guys.

cryblow.gif

I wanna find a girly for mine one day, what a horrible occurance!

Nice job your majesty LOL.gif

What are the dimensions of the tanks? Nice and shallow! That's what I like to see. Lots of floor area and lots of water turnover wink2.gif

You'd better give us a run down of what you are planning to stock the tanks with too smile.gif

Anita,

looking good, now I have to convince my wife that I need more space. I suppose I should finish mine little room first LOL.gif Great stuff I agree with Andy we need some stats on those tanks

cheers

rosco

G'day Anita

Now we know what you you have been up to. So in future will you be visiting us a little more often, once again?

PS. Well done! Looking great! yes.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thanks guys.

It is an existing colourbond shed and I got 2080 x 75 x 75 thick coolroom panels which fitted in perfectly at $10 each - cost me $310 to do the room (roughly 8600 x 3500). I also got some double glazed windows which will go in over summer sometime. Channels sit on the top and bottom edges and the panels interlock on every second edge. Where the panels are clean cut, I used 2 lengths of channel to connect them - the channel and the slab were probably the biggest cost. There were cheaper alternatives, but this is what I preferred. Arj, where panels had to be cut along the length, they were cut with an angle grinder.

All the bigger tanks (top and middle rows) are 6 x 2 x 18 high - this allows 3 tiers and the bottom row is for fry and still allows for plenty of headroom above tanks. Those empty tanks on the bottom you can see are 900 x 600 x 200 high. I also have some smaller ones but basically all are 2' in width with varying lengths.

The centre rack will eventually come out and be replaced with an 18" wide rack as 2' only allows me 800mm aisles and that is a bit narrow for my liking. So I guess some 4 x 18 x 18 breeding tanks will go down there eventually.

Fish??? Well Andy, you know most of my likes and dislikes laugh.gif my Haps will always get priority and there are some Altos and other Tangs as well as various mbuna. And of course, the Americans will be here shortly tongue.gif

Hey Matty, I finally found my camera cable so I could do this post - what's your excuse?? LOL.gif Still waiting to see it.

Miss you guys hug.gifhug.gif

G'day Anita

My excuse is on its way to you via email. It was just too much for me to post publicly cryblow.gif ...... woot.gif

Things are progressing just exceedingly slowly. As soon as I get some pics of when I actually start doing fishy stuff I will post it up. Any week(s) now blink.gif

So when are you coming back?

cya Matthew...

Archived