new breeding set up

timmy2422

these are my first pics so dont laugh. just a few breeding tanks i have set up recently. im only 15 so i havent been doing this long, learning as i go.

user posted image

user posted image

hope you enjoyed. will post more of fry wen the others get a little bit bigger

Like it, absolutely nothing to laugh at! Full round of applause for your old's allowing you to set that up at 15 laugh.gif

Your photogrpahy will improve too. Taking tank pics is hard work for most people - and will improve as far as your camera allows. wink.gif

hey Timmy

not too shaby at all. but #1 rule when using a flash with glass. angle the camera at the glass, so the flash bounces away and not straight back at you. [the 2nd pic shows what i mean.] [ahh, clean glass looks better]

thats a good setup for a newbie, beaut start. hey, we all learn as we go,

just stick with the ABC's and you'll be ok

Agreed a nice little setup you have there Timmy I wish I had of started of this way much cheaper and just as effective. Except my wife would not allow me to have double tanks in the house. If it is not parents its spouses zipit.gif

There is a reason not seen my photography efforts they are a lot worse. I like to blame the camera it cannot be my fault after all LOL.gif

cheers

Rosco

Cool setup. I'm just trying to workout what fry you have in there. Melanochromus aratus (Sp?), M. lombardoi?, L. Hongi Island?, Red Top Zebra?

hey. the tank sizes are 60 x 35 x 35cm. but a fea are divided with removable dividers. the fry are Chipokea, Saulosi and Perspicax. they are about 6 - 8 weeks old. thanks for all the comments. yer my parents dont mind at all. i also have a 4 foot in the dinning room and im getting another 2 foot tomorrow thumbup.gif

they wont be in there for ever. there is about 50-60 in there. i will prob set up a 3 foot until they are big enough to be sold. i have another 30 saulosi fry and a mouthful so i will have more then i can handle soon.

hahaha thanks. i dont know wat im going to do when i leave home. will be a big job, and im hoping to get another 4 foot soon haha

You're a lucky man, I'm 21 and in my 4th year of Uni and I still dont have a nice little breeding setup like that. It is nicely put together, the only thing I'd be concerned about is how small the tanks are. But as you've said, youre going to work on that wink.gif

Can you just tell me what you have put the tanks on? Is it custom made or was it originally built for something else? I'm only asking as i am looking for something similar and I'm pretty bodgy at making stuff i might post up one of my DIY stands soon so we can all have a laugh LOL.gif

Cheers

Adam

I have another 30 saulosi fry and a mouthful so i will have more then i can handle soon.

Once they start they don't stop I got another 30 fry last night to add to the 30 I got 6 weeks ago. I didn't lose my other girl on Saturday night, she got stuck behind the filter trying to release her bubs I think,(I knew I should have removed her Saturday morning angry.gif ) I would have had another 30 cryblow.gif . I have one more girl with about 5-15 in her mouth ATM with a release due in the next couple of days. They are funny little guys, make me laugh and are real characters, enjoy them

cheers

Rosco

teflon- i made the stand myself, with a little bit of help from my dad, the top tanks are about 10 cms apart (will post a pic shortly)

Ducksta- no they are breed in this tank and then the females are taken out and put into 1 of the smaller tanks for a couple of weeks

user posted image

paparossco- yer doesnt take them long to breed again, they are usally only back in the big tank for 2 weeks and they have a mouthful of eggs again.

Thanks for all the comments guys they have been gr8, all positive thumbup.gif , if any1 has negative comments dont be afraid to say them

G'day Timmy

Minor Suggestion

You could decrease the amount of substrate that is in most of your tanks. You see unless you gravel clean them extremely well, very frequently, all they do is keep lots of gunk and this may cause problems for the fish.

Also when it is so deep it creates a perfect environment for anerobic bacteria. This may be okay for a while, but when distrurbed it may be deadly for your fish.

Other than that I reckon you have done a fantastic job!

If you would like any help or assistance / advice let me know.

Best of Luck

Matthew...

Archived