Will The Cross Breed?

Ute God

Will any of these fish cross breed?

Pullu Point

Cobolt Blue

Rusty

It seems to me that one of the rusty's is interested in the F Pullu. And He and the Pullu Male arnt getting along to well but i think they have sorted their differences out. I wouldnt mind seeing what a pullu x rusty would look like...even though no 1 would want them.

The pulu pts and cobalts will cross breed, they are both zebras and neither males are particularly fussy wink.gif

Not sure about the rustys, never kept them myself.

I certainly wouldn't encourage cross breeding, even if you want to see a pulu x rusty.

You will never be able to sell these fish (and you shouldn't want to if you are a responsible breeder) so they are destined to stay in your tank forever unless you decide to kill them. And if you are just going to kill them, why bother in the first place?

Cross breeding fish like that is perhaps the quickest way to get a name as an irresponsible breeder, and people will always be suspicious of your fish sad.gif

I'd suggest seperating them all and breeding them in species-only tanks if breeding is what you want to do.

Hi,

I agree with BaZ, generally speaking, however I kept a colony (12) of puulus and a colony of cobalt blues (15) together for over three years and they never crossbred once. I'm assuming this was because there were sufficient males and females of each species.

merjo

Archived