Devil Keepers?

Teamsherman

Gday all,

Ive had a female devil for about 3 years now (she's my little baby) and i introduced a male about 2-3 months ago. They have been living side by side ( in a four footer) with light difuser keeping them separated. I want to remove the partition but im not sure if they will fight (one way fight as the male is considerably larger) and i dont fancy seeing my little girl get hurt (by little i mean 9 inches). They have both stopped trying to go at each other through the diffuser for a few weeks now and seem to just get on with their daily routines. Are they going to be ok or should i just keep them to a life of separation?

Cheers, Alan.

Is it possible to cut a hole in the divider that the female can fit through and the male can't so she can escape if the male loses his tenderness? I have a pair is a 6ft tank that live happily together so far. They have produced one spawn which they still have the fry with them after 8 weeks roughly but I reckon they are ready to produce another batch of eggs from the displays they are carrying on with. The male is starting to show alittle aggression with the female if she strays to far but nothing serious and she has alot of wood to hide amongst.

good luck

Archived