How do you know when the brine shrimp eggs hatched

fishly

the shells will float and you might see the white specks move to a light source.eggs that stay on the bottom nmay hatch second time around.you would need no airstone to see all this dont forget to put it back in. smile.gif

Thanks nannat. So how do I get the baby shrimp? and how do you separate the shell from the baby shrimp? Should I get the one which are not floating on the top but not lying down on the bottom (swimming between top and bottom)?

Lets start by you describing the hatchery you are using

To harvest you turn off the air have a light source at he bottom

of the hatchery (attracts the shrimp napulii) eggs will float and

shrimp should settle

Syphon the napulii out with a length of airline onto a hankie over

a container then feed them off

replace the syphoned water back into the hatchery and turn on the air

cool.gif L2H

Hi L2H and nannat,

I saw the some eggs which have the white thingy on it. But it seems to me that the shell still attached to the baby shrimp. Is right or wrong??? most of them brown colour (shell colour, correct me if I am wrong) with a white dot on each them.

I turned off the airstone for 5 minutes, I saw few babies swiming around (but only few of them). Is that mean that I got to wait for sometimes? by the way its been 25 hours and temperature is about 30 degrees.

Do you have any pictures of the baby shrimps which have been hatched completely? so that I can confirm with mine one.

Thank heaps for your help.

Regards,

Fishly

Good news!!! Finally I saw plenty of new babies shrimp. I used the technique told by Link2Hell and Nannat to harvest the babies shrimp. However, instead of using the air pipe, I used pipette to suck in the babies shrimp biggrin.gif

And my fries were very happy and keep eating until soooo fat ohmy.gif.

Once again, thanks guys. Keep up the good work wink.gif

Archived