Albino Electric Yellow

novafishy

I haven't seen them here. I've seen some dodgy looking things referred to as "white" electric yellows though dry.gif

Not sure why anyone would want albino yellows though dntknw.gif

The yellow in them is what makes them attractive laugh.gif

I take it you didn't check the picture Andy? tongue.gif

There are people line-breeding for fish with no black in the fins etc, so that they look like that. The only difference being they don't have the red eye. There are definately some getting around Perth with good yellow and little/no black. Most of the ones I have seen locally have bad colour.

Personally I think the black fins set the yellows off. Otherwise I'd keep a tank of salousi females woot.gif

No haven't seen the pic as cichlid-forum is blocked by the work firewall angry.gif

I can only imagine what it looks like. I'll review my opinion once I've seen it laugh.gif

A very interesting looking fish. When I first read the topic I thought that it may be referring to Labidochromis caeruleus "Kaiser Point" which is white. Looking at the photo though brings back memories of my Budgerigar breeding days and the term "Lutino" which were yellow birds with red eyes.

Gerard

thumbup.gif That fish looks great and unfortunately i haven't seen any around. But if you take a look at "Malawaicichlids.com" and click on the Mbuna icon then scroll through the photos index, theres pictures of the 4 varietys found by Ad Konongs. Theres the usual yellow, a white, a blue with black barring and a dull yellow/white with blue anal fin. There really worth a look. Sorry i don't know how to create a link confused.gif Cheers Couchy>>>

• 3 weeks later...
What do you reckon?

I reckon they look a lot like some fish that were getting around over here a while ago. There was an LFS here selling them as "albino Caereleus" dntknw.gif

Andrea smile.gif

Actually now that I look at them again, they seem deeper in the body than the ones that were here..maybe just the angle? I agree with Nova - have you got a larger pic.?

Andrea smile.gif

Although a better pic is needed the pic posted by Frenchy look like Aul. maylandia to me. Also known as the pinkowski peacock by some.

I also wouldnt be surprised if these have been crossed with EY by now.

Archived