Never Clog Plastic Airstones

6473stang

Hi,

I am looking for a supplier of Never Clog Plastic Airstones

I have had no luck searching the Web with Google confused.gif

全球最大拍賣網站. 從水族魚缸裝飾 ...

... 分. 3 NEVER CLOG PLASTIC AIRSTONES FOR AQUARIUMS, 3 NEVER CLOG PLASTIC

AIRSTONES FOR AQUARIUMS, GBP 2.15, 2, 2天 09時 23分. 「圖片 ...

home.listings.tw.ebay.com/Pet-Supplies_Other-Fish-Supplies_ W0QQfromZR4QQloglZ1QQlopgZ7QQsacategoryZ3212QQ... - 91k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

If you track them down let me know. I have been after some for ages and cant find them. I have two that, i think, are the best airstones I have ever used

Josh

Anita used to bring them up in bulk from Melbourne (I think?)

Perhaps try asking her where from? But I remember her telling me they weren't easy to get in Sydney, and were priced alot higher.

what exactly ARE airstones?

and also is melbourne like the fish capital or sometihng casue you new south walians always seem to be talkign about how you need something from melb or with that cat fish poll how he "stole" them from melb wink2.gif.

:D i like melbourne :D

p.s. this was probably more of a tangent post blush.gif

Errr, Im not sure what you mean by 'what are airstones'. Do you mean what are they made of or actually what are they?

They are little 'stones' made from porous material that you attach to silicone air line, that is then attached to an airpump. The airstone then disperses the air creating many more, and smaller bubbles to better oxygenate the tank. Im sorry if you meant what are they made of. I dont mean to imply you dont know what they are, just thought I'd throw it out there in case.

what exactly ARE airstones?
= What BlakeyBoyR has said yes.gif

also is melbourne like the fish capital or sometihng
= Sure is , infact it is the fish capitol of the world bigsmile.gif all the best fish breeders live down here woot.gif

you new south walians always seem to be talkign about how you need something from melb
= Thats because everything from down here is far superior to what is up there thumbup.gif

:D i like melbourne :D
So do I thumbup.gif

Gets ready for the barrage of abuse about to head my way footinmouth.png

Ps On the plastic airstones , I have used them before but found the ones I had broke apart where they joined together at the bottom after a period of time .

The plastic airstones are good only a couple of $$ and last for years, can be a little hard to get at times..

When they clog all you need to do is unscrew clean and reuse, as long as you dont cross thread the suckers they last for years.

The plastic airstones are good only a couple of $$ and last for years, can be a little hard to get at times..

When they clog all you need to do is unscrew clean and reuse, as long as you dont cross thread the suckers they last for years.

For those in sydney after them they have them at Auburn

These are the ones that can be pulled apart and rejoined to make larger ones

Cheers

Craig

G'day

RE: The plastic airstones that can be screwed apart and cleaned.

I spoke to Anthony at Auburn Aquariums today.

He will run a special for forum users. clap.gif

$1 each OR a card of 24 Airstones for $20.

PS. I wub.gif these airstones, they are fantastic.

hurray for melbourne.

anyway ive had tonnes of those lil' things on the end of the piping,i just never knew they had a name, mabye try putting a sponge on the end,like a really fine one...i havent tried but mabye its worth a shot

Those plastic, adjustable air stones are the bee's knees!!! They have even improved them in the last 20 years (Yes, I am still using some that are mor than 20 years old).

Self weighted these days so they sink better. I just recently bought 120 stones from http://www.aquamail.com.au/ at a better price than you will get at any LFS.

The thing I like, aside from being adjustable, when they clog up, just soak them in vinegar for a week or two, scrub clean with an old tooth brush, and you are off again.......brand new smile.gif

Alan

Archived