Barra Prices

Fully_Cichlid

Well first you will have to apply to access the classifieds. But unfortunatly i have forgotten how to do that so someone will have to help you out with tthat. benno

• 3 weeks later...
speaking of "that's gold" is it possible at all to get a "thats gold" emoticon?

If only that was the case LOL.gif

Now to answer your question i bought a 25-30cm barra yesterday that weighs half a kilo for $8, so im not sure how much that helps but maybe you could use it as a rough guide? confused.gif

HTH

Cheers

Adam

Well at my LFS they had 50cm Barras for $150 so for 30cm on forum i recon aprrox. $50-$70 give or take.

Well at my LFS they had 50cm Barras for $150 so for 30cm on forum i recon aprrox. $50-$70 give or take.

I don't think LFS prices are a good comparison. A fist sized bag of filter wadding at LFS is about $5.00 but I can buy about 10 times that at Spotlight for $4.00. The same argument goes for fluoro lights at Bunnings.

I think if you can get a 30cm live barra from the fishmarkets for $8 - that is about the going rate. It doesn't make sense to pay $70 just because it is in a fish shop.

DMJ

In my work we sell 3-4cm barra for $12.95 and about 20cm barra for $25 so go by that if you would like. But $150 for a 50cm barra bloody ridiculos.

At Lams in parra they had heaps of samll ones,,about 4cms for $5,,,,,

i onced bought the live one from the fish market,,it survived in my tank for a few months and died off,,i think cuz too big in my 4ft tank!! laugh.gif

,,i asked the guy from the market if it can be kept in an aquarium as a pet and he said to me "No,u cant, it is only for eating!,,no good to keep as pet!,very wrong!!" LOL.gif

Archived