NSWCS mini auction changes

YeW

Hi Guys -

Everyone should be aware we (the NSWCS committee) have changed the rules & regulations for the mini-auction to trial a method for controlling the length of what is a, not-so-mini, mini-auction.

These changes were announced at the NSWCS November meeting - however, I thought I'd put up a reminder for those members who also use the SCP.

From Jan:

A single member may only bring a single lot of a single species.

ie: only 1 lot of electric yellows, bristlenose, electric blues, whatever....

so although a single member can bring 3 lots... they all should be different. For example, I might bring 1 lot of Julidochromis transcriptus, 1 lot of Neolamprologus brichardi 'Kiku' and 1 lot of Aulonocara jacobfreibergi 'Reginae'.

I can't bring 2 lots of any one species.

If you are a family member - you can bring 2 lots of a single species.

If this doesn't make sense - please ask away and we'll attempt to clarify wink.gif.

HTH -

It is also worth adding that lots for the mini-auction will also be scrutineered wink.gif... ie: checked prior to checking into the auction.

The reasons for this are:

Firstly and most importantly, fish improperly bagged will not survive the night. So if your fish are bagged incorrectly ie: too many fish, not enough air, leaky bags etc... you'll be asked to re-bag your fish.

Secondly, the scrutineers will try and ensure that the fish in the bag match the label. Something I am sure all members want.

Please be patient as we do this...and understand that it is for the betterment of the club and the fish involved!

biggrin.gif

If you are a family member - you can bring 2 lots of a single species

Doesn't it only apply if two family members are present?

I may be wrong

Josh And Evelyn

Archived