Americans bashing their partners

anchar

Hi all,

I think I've solved the problem with male Americans suddenly turning on their female and bashing/killing them. I have a female firemouth residing in a fry saver. She has been there for the past 6 or more weeks due to the over amorous advances of her partner.

Last night at feeding time, I was greeted by a cloud of free-swimming fry...some in the fry saver with the majority in the tank with Dad ohmy.gif She had spawned in the domestic violence unit and the male fertilised through the flyscreen rolleyes.gif. Now I don't have to worry about any aggrevation plus they are still able to breed wink.gif Pretty clever hey! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

merjo smile.gif

yeah, i remember when i was working at a aquarium, and they had a pair of red devils which were serperated by some sort of mesh grille, actually spawned, even with the mesh in the way. so yeah its possible. laugh.gif

slinky

ive read books that recommend that for some egg laying fish as they can be to aggresive in the process so as long as he is a good shot its all good

lol

Archived