Enantiopus melanogeny (6 pics)

trofius

Hi all I woke up this morning and caught these guys at it again, they have not held for more than 5 days so far but fingers crossed. curently 2 of the 3 girls have had a go at it, Enjoy,,,

sorry about the dirty glass.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

These guys are only young. their first mouthful was about 2 months ago. the male is about 9 -10cm, the girls are 6-8cm. As a guess they are less then a year old.

Thanks for the comments...she is still holding , one day and counting. Soooooo tempted to strip her, but these guys flip out so easily, and are damm hard to come across.

Thanks Ant that puts you at position 23! for fry

Well After 3 days i stripped her , a few eggs were unfertilised, and a heap more died but from 30 she had I now have 13 lil tails wagging madly in there strainer. Will post a pic soon.

Thanks Luke

well from the 13 that hatched , one didnt quite hatch and died, and 4 more have stopped moving, today mainly because they had a bit of a move abouts that could not be helped, and the small tank they were in changed temp pretty quick when i opened the garage door to do the water changes this morning, they are now sitting in the top of a 4x18 that has the parents in.

user posted image

Archived