DIY wet/dry filter

htm

Hi to all. I have just bought myself a few tanks that i would like to stock with various africans and whatever else might take my fancy.I would like to know if anyone out there has built a wet/dry trickle that sits over the top of the tank rather than having a sump. If so id appreciate any ideas as to what was used and how.My tanks are (2) 900mmx 450mmx 450mm and (2) 600mmx 450mmx 450mm. I dont have a whole lot of room abve the tank as they are all housed in a cabinet i made. Is there a comerically made product on sale?

Thx. I had already stumbled across that one. I guess the theory and design would pretty much be the same, only difference is what material one would use. I was just curious to see if anyone had made such a filter and their thoughts on it.

only difference is what material one would use

Which material are you thinking of changing?

I'd stick with the plastic box idea, as it will be nice and light compared to a glass tank. You can get those boxes in a variety of shapes and sizes now, so you should be able to find one to suit your situation.

Is there a comerically made product on sale?

Go and have a look at the Aquaone tanks in Susan's Pets.

They have an overhead wet/dry trickle filter that is probably the type of thing you are looking for. I don't know if you can just buy the overhead filter but it will give you some good ideas if you DIY.

Cheers

Mike

Archived