Poll - Tanks in Use

Ged

How many tanks do currently have in use?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You do mean just for fish don't you ? huh.gif

As i have 3 i use for raising baby birds laugh.gifwink.gif

Andy

DM

PS.... for anyone taking this too seriously.... i'm just attempting to inject a bit of humour here.

I have 9 tanks all up, I rent sad.gif . Only 5 have fish currently as I've ceased breeding and have slightly overcrowded the fish. Reason being that I'm moving to Berowra Heights on the 31st. Anyone have any tips for moving my fish, about 40-50 sizes up to a foot. Thanks!

Hi Cannula,

We moved forty tanks, ranging from 2' to 6'x2'x2' from Katoomba to Woonona a year ago with a trailer for the stands etc and a station wagon for the tanks due to a dispute with the removalists over the number of them LOL.gif. A total of ten trips later it was done but we were setting up tanks for a week until 4am each day woot.gif

We had over 1000 fish to move and apart from the Tropheus which we bagged, all travelled in large buckets with airstones - all we lost was a handful of peacock fry and strangely enough a breeding pair of bristlies.

Good luck with the move smile.gif

Aline

Recently scaled back from 80+ to around 60 woot.gif . Yes I am sick..."Nurse, nurse....." LOL.gif

merjo smile.gif

60 tanks!!!

Where do you keep them all?

I had enough trouble moving 1 tank when i moved houses......took best part of a day.

Recently scaled back from 80+ to around 60  . Yes I am sick..."Nurse, nurse....." 

merjo 

I thought I was hooked I only have 19. Merjo I feel better now I am not as hooked as thought. (Although I have only been keeping fsih for 2 years and I am already working on an extension for my newly finished fish room )

cheers

Rosco

Where do you keep them all?

They are spread between 4 houses...it's nice to have understanding friends and rellies clap.gif The down side to this is having to see my mother more often than I'd like dry.gif Swings and roundabouts... laugh.gif

merjo smile.gif

It is interesting that no one has nominated between 21-25 tanks (after 53 votes). Maybe once you get to twenty tanks there is no hope stopping so you resign yourself to just keep going.

Gerard

Ive got about 22 tanks, between me and my dad. Its great that merjo has so many tanks as when dad complains about me getting more tanks i just say "but dad look how many tanks merjo has and she looks after them all " laugh.gif

When I moved back home I was forced to downsize from 20 tanks to only 9 and of those 9 only 6 actually live with me!

Most of my tanks are fry go out tanks, with 2 display tanks, 3 breeding tanks and 4 grow out tanks.

I still have 8 empty tanks waiting for me to move back out again.

I don't envy anyone who has to move multiple fish & tanks!!!

does being married equal less tanks? any opinion. Iam only allowed one tank and one pond.

I don't think being married means less tanks. I had 7 tanks when we got married,

6 1/2 years later and I have 45 tanks up and running atm.

Mrs gave me 3 six footers for my b'day yesterday thumb.gif .

does being married equal less tanks? any opinion. Iam only allowed one tank and one pond.

You should like you've got an understanding wife there shane (top name by the way thumb.gif ). 3x6fts for you b'day how sweet would that be!

I've got a fight on my hands if I need an extra set up temporarily to quarantine some fish... and i've only got 9 currently running. 1st child is due in 5 weeks and she keeps tightening the srews on my hobby to save money for bub!

Can never have enough tanks as far as i'm concerned

shane

I have 11 tanks running at the moment and 3 tanks on stand by. My Mrs is ok with it as long as they pay for them selves, which they do more or less.

I have also started to adopt other tanks within the family. I supply them with breeding colonies and in return they give me the fry. They get the pleasure of having the fish but with out the head ache of what to do with the fry. woot.gif

Wetfish

my girl knows that shes got no hope shutting me down.

in fact she has gone from hating fish to owning a tank!

as long as i don't talk about the hobby too much she is ok.

However, my Grandfather once told me never to underestimate the power of a determined woman. so the compromise is that she gets everything her way if i get to have all my animals... little does she know that includes, two dogs, fish, snakes, birds, etc. etc. laugh.gif

nah she's alright

ryan

Archived