A little help please

bek_h

Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone could suggest some good african cichlid books, preferably malawi based ones.

Coming up to xmas im thiking of buying it as a pressie for the other half......hed be my best friend for a while if i got him a book :D

Anyone who can suggest a good informative book...........would be greatly appreciated guys

thanks

Hi Bek,

How are you and the fish?

Ad Konings is the 'guru' for Lake Malawi cichlids and his books are well written, informative and have good illustrations.

Ad has now published three editions of 'Malawi Cichlids - in their natural habitat' and it is widely recognised as the best available.

Ad also publishes 'Tanganyika Cichlids - in their natural habitat' and two cheaper books; 'Back to Nature - Malawi Cichlids' and 'Back to Nature - Tanganyika Cichlids'.

The two 'In their natural habitat' books, as their titles suggest, contain information about the fish in the lakes.

The two 'Back to Nature' books contain information more directly related to keeping fish in an aquarium.

My favourite is 'Malawi Cichlids - in their natural habitat' 3rd edition. You should be able to get a copy for about $120?

Cheers,

Thanks for the replies

Yeh Lee the fish and i and chris =) are good. we have put them in our 6 ft tank now and they are loving it. We have them in with some lombardoi and johanni's but the acei are the biggest in the tank.........they rule the tank. :D

chris i think just got the 3rd addition book. im going to go to a shop at blacktown today to have a look at what they have.

Archived