Terracotta Pots

hooked666

Thanks, but 've seen perfectly round holes, which I doubt you could get with an angle grinder, but possibly with a hacksaw blade.

However I would have thought that the hacksaw blade not being tungsten would get blunt very quickly.

Ray

I draw a shape on the pot that I want and then use a center punch and slowly move over the line of the shape and tap with a hammer

I do this about 2 or 3 times then drill a hole and use the punch and the hammer to chip away the center that I want to remove

Kinda works like scoring glass once it has a small fracture it likes to break there first then I clean up with rough sandpaper

Works for me

HTH

justin

A regular wood hole saw works perfectly. Light pressure!

It takes a few minutes, but you'll get a perfect hole. I've done it dozens of times and have never broken a pot. The secret is patience. Don't push too hard and you'll be fine. I also find that resting it on your own feet to hold it still is the best way.

If you are a gumby with tools, then maybe give it a miss laugh.gif

ummm 20cm round terracotta pots ~ 7 X 30-40mm holes from bunnings $5each come in a few different sizes.

but if you must a holesaw on a wet pot works very well just keep it wet and dont rush it. on a dry pot it makes heaps of terracotta dust, surprisingly more than you would expect.

use a stonemason bit first and drill a small whole, u then use a hole saw which attaches to ur drill and u make the pre drilled whole the middle of the whole ur about to cut.

when whole is cut use ur stonemason bit again and grind any rough edges off with the side of the bit

Archived