What size pump and best brand available

Mr_Puddlesworth

Hey all,

the tankt o be filtered is a 7x3x2.5 tank so its about 1400litres. the sump is 4x20"by18". I was thinking that about 8000litres an hour would be good as the only additional filtration will be the largest OTTO powerfilter (mainly for its oxygen input but may as well have a bit more mechanical and biological instead of just a air pump). Is this a turnover rate that i should be aiming for?? should I be looking for more litres an hour out of the sump?? the fish i it are 4 polleni, 2 texas, 2 surinameinsis (spelling), jungle perch, archer fish, cuban, 2 festae and a yellow bar tailed grunter. as soon as he is big enough I will be moving my datnoid and toga in and removing some of the above (just dont know who yet).

Anyway what I want to know is which brand of pump is the best in terms of lowest noise levels?? I am willing to pay what ever it is just need something that can crank while it is quiet. Does a pump exist or will i have to put up with the noise

thanks guys

Not sure if this helps but i have both an Atman and also King pump and both are working really well (the Atman is slightly quieter). However these pumps are only around the 2000l/hr mark each. I think with a 8000litre pump you will get some noise no matter what brand.

hey there mate, i hope this helps,

but i am currently using a king-5 which pumps at 6000l/hr its not that noisy, to reduce the noise level the pumps make, i used come gravel in a bag and out it under the pump so there is only noise of the pump pumping and no other access noise like the pumping hitting on to the sump due to vibration.

dats what i had to say :lol:

Hey there, before you buy consider this. I have a SICCE pondmaster 4000ltr/h pump that is brand new! I just paid $235.95 for it and now I don't need it. (tank needs fixing 6x2x2) so I would rather not have it laying around.

I would like maybe $140-$150 for it!

Like I said it hasn't even been in the water! & has a two year warranty still on it.

It's very quiet and would suit your sized tank perfectly.

If your interested pls call anytime on 0427 112 633

Thanks Danny. :8;)

Hi

I use a ocean runner? master from ST George, it was expensive but makes no noise, very importanf for the family you see.

It was great and one of the other sponser has it cheaper.

St G said it can run in or out of the water, good point if the water level falls

The added a pipe to it, to such water from the bottom of the sump

Hope this helps

Archived