fraud

r.d.m

i was visiting an lfs today and saw a couple of interesting fish, the first was a red devil about 12cm marked as " malayan red flowerhorn" for the bargain price of $90 (worth $20) the other was a small group of juvenile red devils (nice colouring) marked as "king kong fish" at $27 each (worth $5) . Do we all look stupid or what? is this fraud? pm me and ill tell you the name of the shop , ill not be going there again

LFS's can charge what they like for the fish......I wouldnt by RD's trimacs or any of the fish that go into flowerhorns from a LFS. You dont know what you are getting. Time to rebadge the kingswood as a beamer I think, describe it as a one off, australian built BMW. Someone might buy it.LOL.gifLOL.gif

Josh

Hi Guys -

While the shops can indeed charge what they like, this isnt fraud. It is, however, misleading advertising (which can get you into quite a lot of poo methinks).

Fugg that..

What about us less experienced fish keepers, we might not have been able to spot that and been ripped off!! Good spotting champ.. PM the name of the shop to pls.

DanielK

i wouldn't call it inexperience, it sounds pretty damn smart to me.

May be not inexperience but lack of knowledge would be pretty close, most places just label the fish (or half label in some cases) what they think they have bought from the wholesaler or breeder.

Archived