pro aqua cf 1500

hungsta

I have the 1200 and they work well. the only probem i have had is the end of the taps that go into the canister seam to break off. Its only the last 1mm or so but they still seal

Josh

I have two cf 1500s set up in a 4x2x2 and have had no dramas yet (only had the tank set up for 3 months). I also have an internal power filter in the tank because i find that with the more filter material in the canister the less suction they have and as a result heavier particles seem to float around a bit more (though when i do a canister clean i intend to lessen some of the material i use in one or both).

Hope this helps.

Trev

Ive cleaned and serviced quite a few of these canisters and they seem pretty damn good. I havent had any problems with them, they have good flow and come with good media. The media baskets are handy and the lid seals easily, something that several other filter brands should try to emulate IMO

There are common faults with the CF-1500. The CF-1500 has been known to burn out. I work at an LFS and we don't stock them for this reason. The rest of the CF range is good. I am using the CF-1200 and the filter is working great.

Anthony cool.gif

I planned to get the cf 1500 cause its only $10 diff to the cf 1200.

In your experience, do you think that the cf 1200 will filter the tank just ok or would it be more than enough?

Thanx AA,

I definitely would not get that knowing that there is a common fault.

clap.gif WOW clap.gif

that awesome to hear! iv seen these filters before but kinda just over looked them because they are quite cheap i just assumed they werent that good.

so are they just as good as aqua ones and fluvals?

if they are quite good and cheap then how come it seems like barely any shop wants to stock them?

They are the same filter as the Aqua ones with a different name. The product code is still exactly the same i.e Pro Aqua CF-1200, Aqua One CF-1200. If you want these filters check out The Age of Aquariums they have awesome prices. They are not as good as the more expencive brands but still do a very good job. One thing that i think is impotant to note is that the filters don't quite turn over as much water as they say. My CF-1200 that is supposed to do 1200 lph does a bit more than 1000 lph, my CF-1000 (1000 lph) does about 900 and my via aqua 300 is supposed to do 800 lph and it does about 600 lph. Despite this they are still very good filters for the price. My oppinion is why would someone buy an internal power filter when you can get these guys for a very good price.

Just my oppinion on the product. Have used them myself and the shop i work for has sold the products and we have some very happy customers.

Anthony

Yea mate, I'm just having a larf at your expense laugh.gif

It is the same with any cannister filters, the flow rate is measured with minimal resistance, I think the 'cheaper motors' do lose more than the equivalent 'good motors' but I don't think its that much thumb.gif

As Wayne says you get what you pay for, but before buying cheaper brands check the watt useage some are twice as much as others..

Cheap to start with but not always in the long run, another hint with the cheap brands is dont put too much media in them seen some completly stuffed from packing the media wrong.

I have used some of these filters, they are fine, a little cheaper in make than say eheims or other brands, but they perform well. I think they are much better value for money than the top brands. You can by 3 pro aqua CF 1500s for price of 1 Eheim 2217.

have you checked out the prices of ehiems at auburn(eheim 2217- $215) i really reccomend spending a little extra and have a filter for life, and knowing that 10 years down the track you can still get parts, some people will argue "i can get a cheap filter and replace it every year" i came home to 2 dead bamboo sharks courtesy of a certain filter failing after i left for work, this was a cheaper brand , and to add insult to injury it was unrepairable at 18 mths old- never again

Archived