Bad Day Firday

Scienceman

I was not a happy chappy on Friday. I had the weekend free and planned on setting up, filling and aquascaping the new display tank. I have been sourcing fish for purchase for weeks and had everthing under control until:

Expecting - delivery of new 6' tank

Got - very cracked 6' tank due to transport from Sydney by manufacturer

Now have to wait 2 weeks before delivery of repaired tank.

Expecting - New Eheim ProII

Got - very smashed filter thanks to the freight company

Now have to get them to deliver on the insurance so I can buy a replacement.

None-the-less the custom stand was delivered in one piece and so I had time to lacquer and sand, build a shelf and design and fit a cane blind which I am using instead of doors. It looks pretty good even without the tank!

I had less hassle renovating the kitchen. Still, I am on track to get everything set up before Christmas and my level of excitement is still high!

Cheers,

Scienceman wink.gif

Thanks for the support.

The breakage apparently occured on the bottom end as they transport them standing up. Must have been something under the padding creating a pressure point or a particularly large jolt.

It is being made in Sydney and I am on the Central Coast and they use their own trucks for deliveries. It will be 2 weeks before their next run up here and the trucks are used for deliveries all over the state and interstate. I've kicked up a stink but they said it cannot be done, especially just before Christmas.

As for the tank repairs, I am being realistic. Even if I insisted on a new tank they will give me the old repaired one anyway as there is now way to tell the difference.

The LFS that I bought through did not accept the broken tank and when I get it it will have a 12 month warranty. I'm not very happy but what can I do as I have no leverage except not proceeding with the purchase - and I want it.

Cheers,

Scienceman dry.gif

Now to try and get money from the freight company for the busted Eheim. The FS I bought it from in Sydney were adament that it was perfect when they sent it. Ever seen a FRAGILE sticker on a box with a large boot print on it!!!!!! These guys must use packages for football practice woot.gifmad.gif

The FS I bought it from in Sydney were adament that it was perfect when they sent it.
..hmmm, I would be demanding that the shop replace the item(coz they organized the courier not you) and then seek re-payment from the freight company themselves.

After all they will have more leverage with the freight company than you will.

Unfortunately I organised the fright company. However I do have a little leverage as the are one of the big companies and the company I work for uses them so they had better look after me or I will be passing on my grievencess to my boss tongue.gif

Archived